What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Juniors
Reports are it is us and Manly after Sam Moa.

We are clearing space in the cap whilst Manly are signing everything that walks.

Hopefully we can secure him. Would compliment our forwards perfectly.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Reports are it is us and Manly after Sam Moa.

We are clearing space in the cap whilst Manly are signing everything that walks.

Hopefully we can secure him. Would compliment our forwards perfectly.

Gee I hope that one is true and we can get him.

Big Mick

Referee
Gus said Tuesday that he was "Hoping for a few signings" that he was working on Wednesday.

I'm assuming it may be someone involved in Under 20's origin.

But we'll see if it comes to fruition.

maple_69

Bench
If its 20s players it doesn't effect the first tier cap and if it's top squad signings, Apis money may now be available.

Big Mick

Referee
The young half we are after is apparently Te Maire Martin the young Tigers half who has huge raps on him.

Good swap I reckon...Api for him and Dockar-Clay and re-signing Katoa....Would be setting up a nice spine for the future.

Brent Reid had his mail segment on Triple M and said that Penrith had signed Martin for next season.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
The young half we are after is apparently Te Maire Martin the young Tigers half who has huge raps on him.

Good swap I reckon...Api for him and Dockar-Clay and re-signing Katoa....Would be setting up a nice spine for the future.

Brent Reid had his mail segment on Triple M and said that Penrith had signed Martin for next season.

Te Maire turned in a stellar debut NYC season in 2014, playing in all 26 matches for Wests Tigers before being eliminated in the semi-finals.
An exciting playmaker with good speed and vision, Te Maire was named in the Holden Cup team of the Year and was a standout for the Junior Kiwis in the end of season fixture against the Junior Kangaroos where he kicked the winning field goal.
Partnering Eli Levido for most of last season in the halves, the Keebra Park High School product controlled the left edge well which is shown through the high amount of tries from players on that side (Lamar Liolevave 10 tries, Watson Heleta 21 tries and John Ogden 23 tries).
The Turangawaewae junior will no doubt be putting pressure on the NRL starting halves in 2015 as he pushes for an NRL debut.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/team/profiles/te_maire_martin.html

Given the size of our junior nursery,you'd think we would have talented 1/2 backs dropping out of the trees.

But obviously this Martin has talent to burn.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors
Te Maire turned in a stellar debut NYC season in 2014, playing in all 26 matches for Wests Tigers before being eliminated in the semi-finals.
An exciting playmaker with good speed and vision, Te Maire was named in the Holden Cup team of the Year and was a standout for the Junior Kiwis in the end of season fixture against the Junior Kangaroos where he kicked the winning field goal.
Partnering Eli Levido for most of last season in the halves, the Keebra Park High School product controlled the left edge well which is shown through the high amount of tries from players on that side (Lamar Liolevave 10 tries, Watson Heleta 21 tries and John Ogden 23 tries).
The Turangawaewae junior will no doubt be putting pressure on the NRL starting halves in 2015 as he pushes for an NRL debut.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/team/profiles/te_maire_martin.html

Given the size of our junior nursery,you'd think we would have talented 1/2 backs dropping out of the trees.

But obviously this Martin has talent to burn.

Short video showing a few of his skills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahf3BuLgrbA

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My West Tiger fan mates are blowing up deluxe at losing Martin!

They are convinced he's the next Benji only better!

Big Mick

Referee
PANTHERS SIGN JUNIOR KIWI

Penrith Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of young Kiwi playmaker Te Maire Martin on a three-year deal.

Martin, 19, will join the Panthers in 2016 after playing the last two seasons with the Wests Tigers NYC side.

"It feels great to have secured my future and I am already looking forward to training with my new teammates," Martin said.

"My big dream is to play in the NRL and I know having the opportunity to learn from Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace will really help me get there."

A breakout season in 2014 saw Martin selected in the NYC Team of the Year and picked for the Junior Kiwis. He again played for the Junior Kiwis this year, alongside current Panthers Sione Katoa and James Fisher-Harris, and fellow Penrith recruit Zach Dockar-Clay.

Panthers Executive General Manager rugby league Phil Gould AM said he was delighted to have secured Martin's services.

"Te Maire is one of the outstanding young talents coming through the NYC system," he said.

"We believe he's a player of great potential, a long-term NRL player and we're excited to have him here at the Panthers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts