What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
1. Korisau was still on good coin with us. He wasn't a bargain.

2. None of the players you mentioned aside from Korisau / Masoe were released early. Nabuli etc were all off contract. Naiqama I believe had an option and asked for a release. I see this as a moot point. We also may have needed the money otherwise we may not have retained who we did.

3. Pangai was nothing like Kikau. Firstly...totally different position. Secondly, Pangai had started at Raiders and went to the Cowboys with an attitude problem and laziness. Kikau from all reports works his ass off. He may be a hidden gem or he could be a role player we need. You wouldn't have said Latimore was any great signing when we got him but he's turned out pretty good.

4. Let's just see if we end up with a young half. Those guys may be out of our reach with Titans cashed up. But I do know we are looking.

5. If Heff is Will Smith...good. he'd be cheaper than Will and younger with more room to grow too. He may push for a FG Spot if he impresses in trials...who knows. Still very young

6. I said ASIDE from Korisau and lessor extent Masoe & Naiqama. Mose played FG for Roosters but was on the outer because of attitude...Cleary changed that. Naiqama came here because of a log jam and faced another logjam. So he left. But in that point I'm talking Docker, Robinson, Simpkins etc. Those guys who were no one when they came here and moulded them into depth role players.

7. I just think it's premature to go off when we don't know the whole picture yet. I also think it's unfair to compare this regime to the last. When was the last time we had our roster pretty much set half way through the year and only focusing on depth now? In Nov/Dec under previous regime we were signing players for first grade...totally different.

How can you be sure we are actively looking for a new half? Gus seems sold on Wal

maple_69

Bench
Well Seg is considered by many one of the best hookers in the game. Many expect him to be the best Hooker in the game in a few years. You pay for elite spine players.

chrisD

Coach
Why would we need a fg half? If Wallace isn't it next season Moylan goes half and DWZ FB, Soward is here till 2017, we don't need a fg half until 2018.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah it'd be great to upgrade or get a talented junior who could replace Sowie in a few years but worst case we use his money to replace him.

hindy111

Post Whore
MX - everyone you mention is average.They only look good when the team goes well.

Your spine should be what you need to look after :

1 DWZ - 19
6 Moylan - 24
7 Soward for next two years
9 Segyaroo - 24

That is what you build your team around.The rest is kind of plug and play really once have that sorted and combos working well.

In the forwards you have these guys who are all young and not near there peak or just about too get there -
Bryce Cartwright - 20
RCG - 21
Tyrone peachey - 23
Trent Merrin - 25
Eljah Taylor - 25
Yeo- 21

Than in the backs -
Whare - 25
Jenning brother 20/22
Waqua blake - 21
Mansour - 25
Idris??

And of course more guys will be coming thru.The only area that is a little thin is PROP.

Latimore-Mckendry-RGC and maybe plum.

Letting guys like Manu-Brown-Docker go is only sensible as these young players have already over taken them in pecking order and have not reached there limits.Where the older guys have. Its not hard to find a front rower to cart it up -Wasn't there big wraps on Saunders? How is he going?

On the whole your squad looks good. The weakest area is the easiest ones to fill and does not effect the teams cohesion like halves or back and attacking backrowers do.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bring up the team from 2 yrs ago.I am pretty sure there was only about 4 penrith juniors at one stage. In 2016 there could be 10

Big Mick

Referee
How can you be sure we are actively looking for a new half? Gus seems sold on Wal

Not massively active. Just seeing what is out there as back up half with the potential to start should anything happen to Wal as long as it's for the right price.

I don't think they are confident of keeping Will Smith and Issac John. May be able to keep only one.

maple_69

Bench
I wonder if the release of Api was part of the plan when Gus said we are done for 2016 signings. If not his salary might be enough to have a crack at Cornish. If not Idris leaving certainly would cover it. Cornish would be able to fill in for injuries and let's face it the chances of Wallace/Moylan and Soward not being out for 4/5 games each in a season are low so he'd get 10-12 games in first grade. In a few years time he could be our full time half back long term. I'd like to keep Idris as a second row option but we have plenty more options at second row and Centre.

flash

Juniors
Just watching the u/20s Cowboys v Dragons, Viliame Kikau is a gun front rower, one of the best on field in the first half. Great signing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hat trick for a front rower is impressive. Doesn't look as beastly as expected. But he's obviously a monster and still growing. Especially for a kid.

Hope he can do this against grown men in NSW Cup and eventually NRL.

maple_69

Bench
He made 113m, a line break and an offload against PNG earlier this year. Good start against grown men.

Also Ashley Taylor has been given permission to negotiate. Titans/Manly favourites. I think Titans wouldn't be good for him as it'd be a very inexperienced halves pairing there. Manly/Knights/Warriord would be better but id love to grab him.

isaiah

Bench
He made 113m, a line break and an offload against PNG earlier this year. Good start against grown men.

Also Ashley Taylor has been given permission to negotiate. Titans/Manly favourites. I think Titans wouldn't be good for him as it'd be a very inexperienced halves pairing there. Manly/Knights/Warriord would be better but id love to grab him.
Where did you get the stats from that pacific test?

Puntastic

Juniors

Came here to say the exact same thing. He looks the goods, and a little healthy competition never hurt anyone. I have no idea what coin he'd be chasing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.