What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Great signing. Just what we need. Him and ZDC. Two guys with plenty of talent who could be ready for the NRL halves in 2017 alongside a dominant half.

roofromoz

First Grade
Willie Mason wants to play on next year.

"There are a couple of Sydney clubs (interested), obviously I am trying to talk with Manly, I will see what happens."

full article

Dunno... if he comes pretty cheap, may be good to help further develop RCG and the like.

betcats

Referee
I don't mind Mason, he has matured a lot now since his heyday. Still a dumb merkin but an experienced dumb merkin, he could teach the boys what not to do with their careers ha.

Big Mick

Referee
Gus says it's under consideration but there is strong rumour that we have signed young QLD Cup half Josh Cleeland from Ipswich Jets.

Don't know much about him but reading about him seem's he's the most promising young half in QLD Cup.

So you'd think our NSW Cup spine next year may be:
1. Heffernan/Naden/May
6. Martin
7. Cleeland/Scarlett
9. Katoa
14. ZDC

Young and extremely promising.

Good to develop and call on for depth.

Copperhead

Juniors
Gus says it's under consideration but there is strong rumour that we have signed young QLD Cup half Josh Cleeland from Ipswich Jets.
Don't know much about him but reading about him seem's he's the most promising young half in QLD Cup.

I'm liking the new signings, something good to come from this year.
http://www.qt.com.au/news/cleeland-up-with-the-best-in-game/2647828/

http://www.qt.com.au/news/cleeland-leads-jets-to-victory/2619181/

https://vimeo.com/129052443

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
Any player from that Ipswitch side would be a gun. Especially the back line one of the best outside of the NRL by far.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

So you'd think our NSW Cup spine next year may be:
1. Heffernan/Naden/May
6. Martin
7. Cleeland/Scarlett
9. Katoa
14. ZDC

Good to develop and call on for depth.

I'm not sold on those 7's. ZDC may find himself there.

Big Mick

Referee
Interesting tweet from Gus tonight. Because last time someone asked him this question...he said Ben Garcia. Just saying...

Mark Phillips @marktalks2much
@Gus10Gould Is there any player in SL that you'd like to see in the NRL?
Phil Gould AM
Joe Greenwood

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/content/joe-greenwood-1

And another tidbit:

@Gus10Gould spot any potential on your trip to Northland, NZ, Gus?
Phil Gould AM
Absolutely .. Signed two youngsters

mxlegend99

Referee
Looking at that bio for Greenwood. He doesn't seem like a superstar or anything for his name to be an obvious pick (Like Burgess or Graham would have been). So I would be more surprised if we weren't in negotiations with him.

Any idea on the youngsters from NZ? We sure love our young kiwi players.

MrAnonymous

Bench
5 Tries in 25 first grade games for a front rower sounds alright to me. He couldn't be any worse then what we have in the front row now.

mxlegend99

Referee
I didn't mean that he wasn't a good player (never seen him play or even heard of him before TBH). It's just a pretty random name to be thrown out. Not an obvious one for that sort of question.

J Greenwood is an edge-forward most of the time at the moment, saw some of him last night, he was MoM actually, but IMO Alex Walmsley is better at the moment than Greenwood. I've tweeted Walmsley telling him that I hope to see him in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts