What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
He'll most likely debut on the wing or at fullback if there is one injury, unlike here where'd it take 3

I'm sure he'd have been next cab off the rank when DWZ went down but he was only just back from a long stint on the sidelines himself so Smith was played out of position, and has done well enough in a losing team to retain his spot.

betcats

Referee
Seem small-Does he get dominated?

He is small but very quick, great positioning . A very good player, he came through with a fairly dominant age group for us through nyc atleast, a quick player with good support play will always do well in that situation.

mxlegend99

Referee
Simmons i officially retiring at the end of season. Supposedly breaking news despite it being expected for a while now.

Going out with 200 games and 100+ tries aint a bad career for a guy who spent a great deal of his career as a fringe first grader or having fans want him replaced. The best thing to happen to his career was us signing Dean Whare. Scary to think he has bagged more tries then some guys who will be remembered as greats of the game. Hodges is yet to crack 100 tries and has nearly 50 games on Simmons. Although i think Hodges will grab his 100th before he retires. But he needs 4 tries to be even with Simmons and I doubt he will get them.

martielang

Bench
True professional, hope he stays in our system to mentor some of the younger blokes coming through. His positioning in attack and defence is top quality, extremely underrated.

betcats

Referee
In terms of value for money simmo would be up there with our best ever signings imo. We got some great service from him over the years and I cant imagine he was ever on much.

ammatt

Juniors
Simmons is probably the most underrated player to pull on a Penrith Jersey,

Gonna miss that long lanky merkin,,

Copped a heap of criticism which was highly undeserved.
Always gave 110% when he played and NEVER let the team down.
I can understand how the fans want to see the new talent coming through to be given their chance but at the end of the day the best player for that position on that day must be picked and Simmo was the right choice time and again
As a lot of fans have said before, I do hope he stays connected with the club in some capacity as his professionalism would be invaluable to the younger players

The yak

Juniors
Warriors’ secret approach to Ivan Cleary guaranteed to make coach Andrew McFadden nervous

THE Warriors recently made a discreet approach to Penrith coach Ivan Cleary about a possible return across the Tasman next season.
The development is guaranteed to make Andrew McFadden nervous.
Will the Warriors gamble on using an apprentice jockey in a Formula One vehicle next season?

Kiwi Test stars Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Issac Luke joining forces will mean the Warriors boast arguably the NRL’s strongest roster.
Despite public assurances from powerbrokers at the Auckland-based club, the Cleary move is a clear indication that the club is exploring its options.
Cleary guided the Warriors to the 2011 grand final before joining the Panthers in 2012.
We contacted Cleary about the potential switch but the Panthers coach responded by playing an extremely straight bat via text message.

“I don’t know anything about that,” he said.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/war...mcfadden-nervous/story-e6frg12c-1227511740338

Kilkenny

Coach
According to Phil Rothfield Jamal Idris has asked for a release. Hope we grant it and let him go. Not value for money and if he isn't committed to our cause good riddence.

tripster

Juniors
According to Phil Rothfield Jamal Idris has asked for a release. Hope we grant it and let him go. Not value for money and if he isn't committed to our cause good riddence.

I doubt really doubt that, it doesn't make sense for him to do that at this stage of the season.

First, it is too late for other clubs to sign him (unless he wants to play on less money elsewhere, given other clubs would struggle to fit him in their cap).

If he wants to throw league away all together (like has been rumored from time to time), why suddenly decide to do it now after his knee has almost recovered?

tripster

Juniors
Simmons is probably the most underrated player to pull on a Penrith Jersey,

Gonna miss that long lanky merkin,,

Totally agree. Can't believe he retired really. He easily had another season in him if he wanted to keep playing, and surely we would have signed him (even as a super reliable back-up for when the inevitable injury toll strikes).

chrisD

Coach
He has a degree as far as I know and probably wants to get on earning outside of football where he'd likely only be getting the minimum 80k or so. Or wants to get stuck into his churchy stuff.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I don't know, he showed his distinct lack of speed today being chased down by one of the Knights forwards, and that's only going to get worse. I think it is better for the club to get the Jenningses/Blakes/DWZs game time.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah with Mansour, DWZ, Gennings, Blake and probably even Renningd ahead of him in the priority list he wouldn't have got more than a minimum contact or much game but he'd be great experienced back up and mentoring for our young NSW Cup backline.

BxTom

Bench

Rothfield says Jamal wants to leave because he doesn't get on with Cleary, then in the next breath says Cleary is leaving for the warriors. Rothfield is full of it.

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts