What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
If we let Spears go realistically we would be back to a few years from being contenders. Moylan has a bucket load of talent. So does Martin and Docker Clay, but to expect one of those guys and probably Wallace to be dominant is folly. Soward and one of them conceivably, particularly with Seg and our second towers sniffing around. In 2 years i definitely think 2 of those 3 guys could form a dominant halves pairing.

MaxPower

Juniors
Has there been any official confirmation that Matagi has signed?

According to Gus, he has signed. Nothing though official Panthers media though.

There is an interesting article on Idris staying at Penrith. An excerpt..

The 25-year-old however has committed to the club following a positive discussion with Griffin and according to general manager of football Phil Gould, being in a team environment will work wonders for Idris providing he can meet team standards.

?We?ll come to an arrangement ? there will be conditions on it because he has to be a professional footballer,? Gould told Nine News on Wednesday night.
?But we know that fit and well and strong, that he?s an important part of our club.
?The discipline and sacrifice around football is good for him too, for the greater challenge of life.?

Seems like Soward is not the only player being told to lift their game.

betcats

Referee
Jamal is talented and an asset if fit and committed but he just has his head off with the faeries it seems.

Blues Riff

Bench
I still think the big unit could be anything if he was fully committed. He can get away with a half-arsed effort and make a living in the game, but it seems Gus has given him the ultimatum. That's probably what all the speculation has been about. There's plenty of young talent coming up to replace him, and it's not like he was going to have a cruisy time with Bellamy. Of course he loves the Panthers. They've been more than patient with him.

Edit- And I do wish Jamal well, he's one of my favourite players.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope we stand by the ultimatum. We need Idris to shed 10kg of fat and be ready to rip in every week. Get him to match Mansour at training. I swear Mansour hasn't stepped out of the weight room since the season ended. Looked massive in a pic Panthers recently put on their website.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seems like Soward is not the only player being told to lift their game.

I said it plenty last year the senior guys were way down on their best. Sure injuries and players out of position didn't help but Mansour, Brown, Soward and Seg were very bad

betcats

Referee
Brown finished the year badly but he was one of our best for atleast the first half of the season, once he signed with Manly he seemed to drop off. Seggy started on fire then got hurt and then sucked. It was a very disrupted season and it seems Ivan wasn't handling it well which showed in the end for a lot of the guys.

Pomoz

Bench
I said it plenty last year the senior guys were way down on their best. Sure injuries and players out of position didn't help but Mansour, Brown, Soward and Seg were very bad
Back to the "badly managed roster" theme regarding injuries. Mansour was clearly injured and not fit and came back too soon and got injured again. He may have hands like feet, but I would never question Mansour's commitment, effort or ticker. Stands on the wing, plays like a prop. He is probably one of the best examples of the club stuffing up injury management. A superb athlete in prime physical condition, allowed to be smashed to bits.

franklin2323

Immortal
Back to the "badly managed roster" theme regarding injuries. Mansour was clearly injured and not fit and came back too soon and got injured again. He may have hands like feet, but I would never question Mansour's commitment, effort or ticker. Stands on the wing, plays like a prop. He is probably one of the best examples of the club stuffing up injury management. A superb athlete in prime physical condition, allowed to be smashed to bits.

Most of it was more than likely that. I like the fact we put a rocket up them rather than Ivan's its ok they will come good theory. They had a shocking year a rev up and a good pre season hopefully gets them flying again

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Brown finished the year badly but he was one of our best for atleast the first half of the season, once he signed with Manly he seemed to drop off. Seggy started on fire then got hurt and then sucked. It was a very disrupted season and it seems Ivan wasn't handling it well which showed in the end for a lot of the guys.

That's what shit me the most about the back end of the season. After that Parra game Ivan admitted the season was over and we did the same old barring injuries of course. Giving Blake/Simmons a centre spot to give a NYC or NSW cup winger a run. Starting Latu/Sopoaga etc would of been a good way to a end a poor season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts