What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is gone anyway but Adam Docker has now retired.

Adam Docker retires effective immediately.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/docker...10919635615955
HE’S only 24 years of age but promising Panthers back-rower Adam Docker has been forced to hang up the boots.

Docker, a former Illawarra junior, has struggled throughout his career with knee injuries and concussion and as a result has decided to call time on his NRL dream.

Specifically, Docker has no cartilage in his left knee which is grinding away at the bone causing arthritis and restricting movement.

“It’s the highest grade arthritis you can get,” Docker told Fox Sports.

“It’s even chipping away at my bone. I’ve been to three different surgeons and a stem cell surgeon and some outside of my club to get different opinions.

“They all pretty much said the exact same thing — that I shouldn’t be playing on it and there’s nothing I can do unless I get a knee replacement and I’m too young for that.”

After a horror 2015 season, the former Country representative had hoped to revive his career with the Dragons after deciding to move back home to Shellharbour.

“All year I knew something was wrong with my knee,” he said.

“I wasn’t playing to the best of my ability. I just couldn’t do it.

“I was heading to the Dragons to get a deal with them and they knocked me back due to how serious my knee was.

“That’s when I came to my final decision to hang up the boots for good and never play again.

“It was pretty tough. It was a long decision and always on my mind. I was always thinking about it but as soon as I made the decision, I felt a lot of relief and that made me feel like it was the right decision.

Green River Eel

Juniors
Hi lads, theres some very solid mail Soward is being shopped around and Parra are very interested, im not sure how much the panthers are willing to pay out of his salary but it might be a shrewd move by Brad Arthur to have him as a foil for Foran and Norman.
Has anybody heard anything more about this?
Cheers

mxlegend99

Referee
Hi lads, theres some very solid mail Soward is being shopped around and Parra are very interested, im not sure how much the panthers are willing to pay out of his salary but it might be a shrewd move by Brad Arthur to have him as a foil for Foran and Norman.
Cheers
Yeah. Gus shut that down a while ago as did Soward himself.

Doesn't mean 100% he's staying. Byt it's the most likely scenario for sure.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gus confirmed last night that we have signed Matagi.
Now our front row is less certain (good thing). 5:established players fighting for 4 spots. Well Latu isn't established yet I guess. But he's certainly in the mix with his performances last year.

betcats

Referee
Yeah happy with that signing, rounds out our props nicely. I think Latu and RCG offset each other nively, RCG is the hard working prop who racks up big metres and tackles and Latu is more of a tackle buster used in shorter stints. Mckendry and Lats are the old heads now we know Lats offers he is consistent as they come with a good offload, Mckendry less consistent but he had his moments last year. Matagi hopefully wil bust a nut trying to make the 17.

Big Mick

Referee
Cheers

We'd be willing to pay nothing.

And first I've heard of it.

Sime_11

Juniors
so this week, Idris is rumoured to the Storm.

Matty Johns says on triple M this morning, I spoke to Griffin and he confirmed he'll be a Penrith next year, but im hearing mail that he's off to Melbourne.... absolute quality there....

which club has he not been linked to lol?

mxlegend99

Referee
Rumours on Idris and Soward wont disappear despite Gus denying the Soward rumour and Griffin saying Idris would bd here next year.

Cleary rumour ended up being true despite being denied by the club. These seem more likely than Gus sacking Cleary did.

chrisD

Coach
Not as fussed by Soward or Idris going as perhaps I should be. Moylan is the key, not Soward, and Idris is another back rower.

Not as fussed by Soward or Idris going as perhaps I should be. Moylan is the key, not Soward, and Idris is another back rower.

It would be shame if Idris left, but we have a good crop of players ready to step up:

Whare (shoe-in):
Blake (played well in his last few games before the end of the season slotting back into his preferred position)
G. Jennings
R. Jennings
Will Smith

If necessary:

Yeo
Naden (?)
Harawira-Naera (?)

mxlegend99

Referee
I think between Blake, Rennings, Smith and DWZ we can cover Idris leaving. Whoever it is would have some work to do before being nearly as good as a fit Idris. But they all have the potential to possibly even be better than him.

Soward however is important to helping develop our young halves options and ideally playing alongside one of them.

I'd like Soward to stay. I think he has still got some magic left and would be easier on Moylon in the halves. Given the shit year he has had, he once again has a point to prove.
Idris I don't really care. He is too much of a enigma to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.