What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

forby

Juniors
Jamal has never said or inferenced once that he wasn't happy and wanted to leave. On the contrary, everything he has said is positive about returning and winning a premiership here!
Soward has carried too much of a load this year and perhaps he's feeling frustrated after the previous season. He has played busted too often to think he was dedicated to the team!

Big Mick

Referee
Has it been confirmed the signings of Josh Cleeland and Suaia Matagi?

A verbal commitment from Cleeland but apparently new team in play now. Not sure who it is though.

But if verbal commitment is worth anything he'll be at Penrith.

Big Mick

Referee
Looks like Verbal commitment is worth nothing then lol.

Odd move...he's got an aging Soward/Wallace ahead of him at Penrith with TMM in the wings vs the Sharks who will have Maloney/Townsend for some time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Looks like Verbal commitment is worth nothing then lol.

Odd move...he's got an aging Soward/Wallace ahead of him at Penrith with TMM in the wings vs the Sharks who will have Maloney/Townsend for some time.

He made the right choice. Peachey, Moylan, Will Smith I think will all play halves before even TMM. Add NYC guys coming in and we aren't short half options. He will be clear backup at Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
Soward/Wallace
Moylan
TMM
Cleary
ZDC
Peachey
Cartwright
Smith

Don't see Cleeland being a genuine chance at first grade with us. By the time Soward and Wallace move on, TMM and Cleary will be pushing for spots along with Moylan to the halves. Cartwright, Peachey and Smith will be the short term options for injuries.

Sharks might have settled on a full strength halves pairing. But less competition for a chance there IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
Soward/Wallace
Moylan
TMM
Cleary
ZDC
Peachey
Cartwright
Smith

Don't see Cleeland being a genuine chance at first grade with us. By the time Soward and Wallace move on, TMM and Cleary will be pushing for spots along with Moylan to the halves. Cartwright, Peachey and Smith will be the short term options for injuries.

Sharks might have settled on a full strength halves pairing. But less competition for a chance there IMO.

Fair point.

Big Mick

Referee
Have no idea what is taking so long for Suaia Matagi though. Hoping another club hasn't swooped in there too. Rumour a few weeks ago was Manly had made a play for him. But who knows.

PENRITH VETERAN TO RETURN?
Could Tony Puletua be gearing up for one last stint in the NRL with Penrith?
The 36-year-old forward retired a few weeks back after completing his contract with Hull KR and is set to turn to Australia.
But the prop told the Hull Daily Mail last week he may dust off the boots for one more season in the NRL.
“I’m going to get home, settle in then set up some meetings with clubs I played at back in the day,” Puletua said.
“Nothing’s cemented but I’ll see what I can get when I get back home.
“I had mixed feelings about finishing up. I kind of wanted to get away from the game but there’s loads of people telling me to stay in it.”
Puletua enjoyed 12 seasons with the Panthers where he won a premiership in 2003 before moving to England for stints with St Helens, Hull KR and Salford.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nrl-market-watch/story-fnp0lyn3-1227567900789

flash

Juniors
PENRITH VETERAN TO RETURN?
Could Tony Puletua be gearing up for one last stint in the NRL with Penrith?
The 36-year-old forward retired a few weeks back after completing his contract with Hull KR and is set to turn to Australia.
But the prop told the Hull Daily Mail last week he may dust off the boots for one more season in the NRL.
?I?m going to get home, settle in then set up some meetings with clubs I played at back in the day,? Puletua said.
?Nothing?s cemented but I?ll see what I can get when I get back home.
?I had mixed feelings about finishing up. I kind of wanted to get away from the game but there?s loads of people telling me to stay in it.?
Puletua enjoyed 12 seasons with the Panthers where he won a premiership in 2003 before moving to England for stints with St Helens, Hull KR and Salford.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nrl-market-watch/story-fnp0lyn3-1227567900789

St Marys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts