What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
satini also lost a little bit of motivation by his own admission and sadly with this crop of kids just a little drop sees someone over take you as happened.
He will do well with a change of clubs

Randy81

Juniors
Was very pumped with Gus hinting at this a week or so ago (waqa re-signing). Such an explosive centre who seems to get better every time I see him. I don't know what the go with his shoulder is - he seems to go down quite often ?
I actually rate him higher than dwz

Big Mick

Referee
News Ltd journo's still pushing the Kevin Locke rumour to us.

Also trying to push a rumour about DWZ being offered MASSIVE $ somewhere and wont be with Penrith for long. Which is garbage unless Penrith void a contract in which he signed this year for 2-3 years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Don't want Kevin Locke. We're set for backs at the moment. The only players we should throw big money at are blokes like Shaun Johnson and Daly Cherry-Evans. We have a strong squad as it is, with halves being the only area that we don't have a potential superstar waiting for a shot.

Even then, there's players like Daniel Foster and Matt Moylan who could be above average first grave halves if given a chance. But there's no one of Origin quality or Big 3 International quality who will push for a first grade spot in the next couple of years. We actually have 3 international halves thanks to the World Cup. Wallace, John and Foster. Likely all competing for a single spot to partner with Jamie Soward in the halves.

maple_69

Bench
I think it will likely depend on how Wallace/Soward are shaping up. If it's looking like they're not going to cut it creatively you'd have to have Moylan in there. You could lose the ball playing and go with K. Naiqama if they're doing their job.

Locke would undoubtedly improve the team, but wouldn't be much of a long term move given Moss and DWZ.

murraymob

Coach

Also trying to push a rumour about DWZ being offered MASSIVE $ somewhere and wont be with Penrith for long. Which is garbage unless Penrith void a contract in which he signed this year for 2-3 years.

the rumour is not suprising.He will no doubt get many large offers to leave.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kevin would be a pretty major upgrade on matt moylan......
If Moylan is first choice. We have K. Naiqama, Roberts, DWZ and Moss for depth. All gun players with loads of potential. Locke would not add much that we don't already have. Just add high quality depth. Just seems like a silly player to throw money at when we are well and truly covered in that position.

Edit
Unless he comes cheap. But I see him being on $400k minimum, with potential to be asking for near double that if a few clubs start to fight for him.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
News Ltd journo's

That alone means it's made up. In 1-2 years Moss or DWZ will be fullback and far less then Locke is worth. So doesn't make sense 1 year is a different story

As for DWZ if that's true someone has made an offer. Why not report it to the NRL rather then just print it as rumours?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I'm a big Kevin Locke fan... But... We don't need him. Much rather see Moss or DWZ given the opportunity.

I agree, I would rather the Juniors come through when they are ready. Let Moylan have first crack next year. If he doesn't work out try Roberts. Locke would just block Moss or DWZ when they are ready.

betcats

Referee

Standard roosters development of their 'juniors'.

Status
Not open for further replies.