What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc123_au

Staff member
Best of luck to Tighe at the Titans. He has his critics, but he has always tried his guts out for us.

Some shrewd business there by Gus and Cleary. Tighe has never really offered the Panthers much and Idris would be a far better fit for Penrith.

I would imagine Titans will be gunning for K.Hunt pretty badly now.

franklin2323

Immortal
That leaves no where for James Roberts if true. Id rather Roberts

Idris is 110kg at 23. Roberts plays outside him on the wing this year. Next year Idris moves to the pack and Roberts into the centres.

I don't think Roberts was never an option for centre this year (I would play him there but I am not coach) . So who's better at number 3:

Tighe
Brown
Peachey
Naiqama

Or Idris?

Easy choice really

soc123_au

Staff member
Never had an issue with his heart. If only Jennings and co had that..His chicken legs were his biggest issue

Idris is a big upgrade without a doubt & Tighe was arguably surplus to requirements before the Idris signing. Still I would like to see him kick on for the Titans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed it's a great move for Tighe. I wish him no harm in the future. Playing in a different side might see him get some space to use that speed rather then here where he wasn't used effectively

benntash

Juniors
Wow.. Was not expecting this. Fantastic news. We got one hell of a squad for 2014. Can't wait till the footy starts.
Best of luck to Tighe. Hopefully he finds his best form for the titans

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans centre pairing in 2014 could possibly be Maurice Blair and Brad Tighe. I would imagine they paired up for us atleast once when Blaie was with us.

Pretty epic signing for us. This late in the pre-season, it's amazing to trade a fringe first grade winger for a fringe representative centre who was in career best form the year before. It's extremely lucky for the Panthers that this situation arose, I just hope that the circumstances which put him on the market get better for him. I hope that his mother recovers fully and is able to get to the stadium and cheer her son on all the way to a home final. :D

age.s

First Grade
Awesome bit of work Gus! Strengthens our left edge enormously. This year is looking very exciting.

Really hope things work out for Idris with his family and for Tighe on the coast. Tighe's family is from that part of the world aren't they?

mxlegend99

Referee
It would be nice to see Brad Tighe play some good first grade football. But it's hard to imagine that happening. He's a solid winger at best. Too small and weak for the centres, with no ability at all to set up his winger. On the wing he had pace to finish backline movements, but pretty much that was it.

Awesome bit of work Gus! Strengthens our left edge enormously. This year is looking very exciting.

Really hope things work out for Idris with his family and for Tighe on the coast. Tighe's family is from that part of the world aren't they?

His family are from Moree, which is obviously closer to the Gold Coast than Penrith so it works out well.

All the best Brad!

richies

Juniors
You guyes have picked up a giant of a prop roughly 21yo from the dogs by the name of
Leilani Latu.
He played nsw cup last year to further his development instead of playing nyc, but then got injured and was then out for the year.
His 1 young player too keep an eye on and for his size, his pretty mobile with a reasonable work ethic.
you guyes have some great young talent coming through in the coming years...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.