What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Agree re Anderson, he is too small. RCG looks the goods though, and Kris Smith is another impressive young guy but I imagine they are both a year or two away from FG atleast.

If we still had Mose I would not mind losing Mckendry or Grant at all(besides the fact they are Penrith Juniors). But without him I dont think we have any other props outside the top four(Grant Mckendry Kite and Plum) who are upto playing regular FG.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont want to lose either of them but do we really need them? I mean of course we need props but two highly paid props like these two is not exactly good cap management, and both have spent their fair share of time on the sidelines through injury.

I mean I would be very disappointed to lose either of them, but I got over it when we lost Graham, Lewis, Gordon, Jennings etc...

Props seem to be easy to find in comparison to other positions, look at Mose, he outperformed both those blokes last season for probably less then half of what they made.

I don't want to either but we saw what Fifita was offered. Graham will get similar at Souths. Props are demanding big money atm. I would rather lose one and push Manu up front ( IMO we should already do that) we can always pick up a cheap prop if we are too light.

Blues Riff

Bench
I'm sure they'd both want to stay, particularly at this stage of Penrith's history. No doubt it would involve a pay cut.
I'd like to see them give us 2-3 more years, then off to England for a couple on big bucks, then finally back to us (on/off field roles)..... but I'm just a dreamer.

MaxPower

Juniors
If Gus and Ivan think they can get better value for money for Tim and Sams allocated salary cap space, then i will trust their judgement.

If Gus and Ivan think they can get better value for money for Tim and Sams allocated salary cap space, then i will trust their judgement.

Just wonder who the target would be though?

They're both of contract at the end of 2015 so we're only looking at next year.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through over one year. Unless it's a cap space issue.

hindy111

Post Whore
Grant and McKendry both have a lot of promise but always seem to be injured.
Not worth the big $$ Kite would probably be on less than half and do a similar job

franklin2323

Immortal
If it's about putting a team together that can win the comp, i'd say the trouble is worth it.

No doubt as HH said it's only 1 more year.

Next year Grant is eligible for long serving player (not sure if he can get the full $300k or limited) so it takes some of the pressure off.

Take those 2 out and we are even more skinny in props. I wouldn't re-sign either on anymore then $300k though.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Fifita is worth $850k, Grant and McKendry are good value if they're on half that or less. There's no way Fifita doubles the workload, effectiveness or chance at winning. Especially not after a single vreakout season where he might be unable to reach those highs again.

Panfas

Juniors
If Fifita is worth $850k, Grant and McKendry are good value if they're on half that or less. There's no way Fifita doubles the workload, effectiveness or chance at winning. Especially not after a single vreakout season where he might be unable to reach those highs again.
Fifita will not be on $850k, that is an inflated rumour. It is closer to $600k. Still overpriced, but much closer to his worth

betcats

Referee
Mutilino or Kasiano..Who would you rather? Leaning towards the Mut, he hits hard everytime.

I think its unlikely that we get either of them tbh.

MaxPower

Juniors
Kasiano. Good speed for a big man, can pass before the line, strong offload, capable of big hits, and SIZE! If you liked Mose you should love Kasiano.

chrisD

Coach
Kasiano draws more defenders, causes more chaos I think, limited minutes maximum impact is what I think we need which I think Kasiano is perfectly suited. Possible attitude issues would be the downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.