What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Very disappointing to lose him if true. The guy could have been topping try scoring charts with ease if he could stay fit and played on the wing outside of Dean Whare.

We were obviously going to lose players when we have the likes of Eto Nabouli, Kevin Naiqama, George Jennings and James Roberts fighting for the wing spots of Josh Mansour and David Simmons. It's just a shame we didn't get to see him in full flight for us.

edit
Bulldogs new fullback?

Last edited:

The Teach

Juniors
Disciplinary reasons apparently. He's been in hot water before according to some sources and blew his final chance with the club. Sad if true, because he's a player with immense talent, just hoping it doesn't go to waste like so many before him.

betcats

Referee
Just on the radio, Brandys show no less. He has been released for reapeted infractions, they said we have no problem with another club signing. Very dissapointing, but what can you do.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
He seems to be well connected and always able to pounce when a player becomes available. Segs and Idris are examples of signings where our previous management probably wouldn't have been aware of the opportunity. I'd prefer we kept both of them. We know how good Grant is and Mckendry was fantastic before getting injured last year. Unless we're going after a marquee half I don't see the point in shuffling the deck.

soc123_au

Staff member
Kasiano looked unfit. Nothing that couldn't be fixed. In saying that the only swap I would be excited about would be either for JWH or Matilino. Not going to happen.

chrisD

Coach
Because why would they push to release Sam or Grant if they weren't lining up a replacement? We'd be completely worse off, and the front row is the only place in need of more depth/talent.

murraymob

Coach
Because why would they push to release Sam or Grant if they weren't lining up a replacement? We'd be completely worse off, and the front row is the only place in need of more depth/talent.

the money they are on is the issue both on 400k .That is what they are looking at.Gould has cleared out all the big earners bar these two

chrisD

Coach
the money they are on is the issue both on 400k .That is what they are looking at.Gould has cleared out all the big earners bar these two

Why would they clear out big earners and just bank the money they were on? They feel the money these guys are on could be better utilised, it must go somewhere and the front row would be the area most in need.

mxlegend99

Referee
$800k for Timmy and Sam is great value IMO. If Fifita is worth $700k under the cap and earning $850k a season, and George Burgess is worth a $1m contract with likely $800k+ minimum under the cap. These guys are easily better value. Give me two 8/10 front rowers over a single 10/10 one any day. Between injuries and suspension, it's too much money to invest in a single player in that position.

Deadset outside of the spine that sort of cash is just ridiculous.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am pretty sure both are on closer to 500k than 400k. With Grant eligible for a discount soon & McKendry would have to be close as well, they are worth keeping.

mxlegend99

Referee
That's how I see it too. They were overpaid, but the salary cap increase and demand for other front rowers has driven their value up and they're probably looking at being able to get more elsewhere. At the very least we need to keep one of them.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I would keep them. I like them. They go well. But I think it's obvious Cleary wouldn't blink an eye if Grant left, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.