What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
They're not horrendously overpaid and unless we can pick up a superstar half we don't need any thing else so why screw around. Either Grant is not getting on with the brass or Gus thinks we can replace them with guys on half as much to do the job and we forward load some more contracts so we can keep the team together in a few years.

forby

Juniors
They both apparently have back ended contracts which start costing big dollars for the next 2 years. We need a rich third party benefactor to pay them outside the cap. Any volunteers?

box57l

Juniors
They both apparently have back ended contracts which start costing big dollars for the next 2 years.

And also step up inline with the Cap increases. Look what happened to the last 3 that wouldn't remove that clause from thier contract, gone.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can't see what possible benefit there would be to our team to get rid of them. We have said that our external recruitment is basically over and our future will be built on who is already at the club.

How could we possibly think that getting rid of both of these guys is going to improve our side? At the very least we need to keep one of them... and for mine that would be Tim Grant. But realistically, we should be keeping both of them. Kite is only a short term signing for a bit of leadership, Plum is getting on in age aswell. Tim and Sam are at a great age to be the core of a forward pack.

Imagine the potential side we could have once the likes of Soward, Kite, Plum, Kingston etc. are retired and young guys from last year have 2 or 3 years of first grade footy behind them:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. George Jennings
3. Dean Whare
4. Jamal Idris
5. Eto Nabouli / Kevin Naiqama
6. Matt Moylan
7. Peter Wallace / Sam Scarlett
8. Tim Grant
9. James Segeyaro
10. Reegan Campbell-Gillard
11. Bryce Cartright
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Adam Docker

14. Chris Smith / Shaun Spence / Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
15. Sam McKendry
16. Tyrone Peachey / Matt Robinson / Andy Saunders / Isaah Yeo
17. Daniel Foster / Kerian Moseley

Really the combinations of players could be anything in 4 years. But the point being that you really need to keep our young stars from todays side. Guys like Idris, Whare, Taylor, McKendry, Grant and Segeyaro will be a great leadership group.

Take out McKendry and Grant and we're counting on a lot of blokes to step up from within... and honestly it's not a position we're overflowing with young talent in.

YoungPanther

Juniors
I will probably rock the boat here but I would be OK for at least one of them to go. I see the prop rotation being Kite, Plum, Manu, Latimore, RCG with either Grant or McKendry.

Manu playing prop allows a chance for one of Matt Robinson/Bryce/VTK/Cherrington etc when needed in the backrow.

I also don't see the point in paying big money for props either, who play 1/2 game (assuming 4 props in team). Not debating the good ones such as JWH though, but I wouldn't ever say either of our 2 have single handedly won us a game.

Would love to have Mose back in 2 years as well. Straight swap for Kite.

Copperhead

Juniors
I also don't see the point in paying big money for props either, who play 1/2 game (assuming 4 props in team). Not debating the good ones such as JWH though, but I wouldn't ever say either of our 2 have single handedly won us a game.

You wouldn't say that if you had him in your supercoach team :(

maple_69

Bench
I wouldn't say they've singlehandedly won games but they've been the foundation of a pack that has won most forward battles over the last 2-3 years. Not their fault our halves couldn't do anything with the opportunities. I'd like them both to stay but at least one. Manu, Kite, Plum, Mckendry next year; Manu, Mckendry, Masoe, RCG for 2016 with guys like Latimore/Anderson offering solid backups.

kiwipete

Juniors
There's ok prospects in the juniors past 2015, I don't rate Anderson but I'd like to think at least one of RCG, Latu or Ross would kick on into first grade, at a stretch maybe two, then we're only resigning two or three of our current props. Plus we should be ringing up Mose every week asking him how he's going.

Totally disagree with your comment about Anderson. Last years Player of the year and he usually plays 55 - 60 minutes in the middle, regularly tops metres and tackle counts. Rather have him than Latu who hides in defence and definately doesn't do half the work Anderson or RCG get through. I'd love to see him get another shot at grade along with Cartwright in a strong team if opportunties come up. He is easily the form forward in NSW Cup so far, 3 tries in a game 2 weeks ago in a losing side.
Worth a go, I reckon.

Big Mick

Referee
Tim Grant officially released from Panthers to join South Sydney from 2015.

Good luck Tim, all the best.

Step forward Campbell-Gillard!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Good luck to Timmy, I saw him as a future captain, but he hasn't hit the mark we were expecting, Hopefully a fresh start will do him the world of good.

Pomoz

Bench
Never quite made that next step to become a top grade prop. Hopefully, we will now get better value for money with his dollars.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Now that would be cool! I think RCG will step straight into TG's spot without much trouble.

I know it wasn't the club's fault that he left, but it was disappointing to see him really come into his own in the back end of the season after an inconsistent start, become a genuine game changer....and then go.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I know it wasn't the club's fault that he left, but it was disappointing to see him really come into his own in the back end of the season after an inconsistent start, become a genuine game changer....and then go.

I haven't heard how he is going overseas, I'd be suprised if he was a realistic option though!

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Mose had a nice little purple patch but we can do better with the money or Mose and someone else :p

Our props look underwhelming next year. I was thinking Masoe (off the bench) + A. N. Other. He is something we simply don't have at the moment: power and aggression off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.