What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Its about us moving towards extending Cartwright and Moylan until 2018 and 2017 respectively. Numbers thrown about were a million for each deal so 250k for Bryce and 330k for Moylan. Not much insight but both seem keen to stay. Not much to suggest there's any basis for the numbers but assuming they've gone a tad high as usual I'd say its about right. 500k a season between them would be solid.

Dufmack

Juniors
The telegraph was dribbling about moylan on $1mill over 2 years, hope that is just their usual bullshit and Cartwright is part of the deal.

chrisD

Coach
500k for Moylan seems perfectly reasonable. If I'm Cartwright's manager I'm not going anywhere near a four year deal, in two seasons time he'll be able to command big money.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
500k seems more than reasonable.

Last year maybe not, but this year he has been one of the form fullbacks in the comp. If Millford is on 1mill a season, Moyza is well worth half that!

Dufmack

Juniors
500k is a bit much, he has proven himself in just one season. It is well worth it if their is indeed offers from other clubs but I think matt is happy to stay at Penrith.

It's not like it Is way too much yet I think everyone could be happy for less.

chrisD

Coach
Salary cap is 6.5mil next season, 6.8mil 2016, an average wage of over 250k, and he's a fullback, there's more fullback vacancies than there are fullbacks out there, I think it's unlikely that any successful NRL fullback will be on less than 500k ever again once their breakthrough contract is up.

I'd think he's also pretty valuable to us as far as marketing goes.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
No. Most expect Dallin Watene-Zelezniak to take Moylan's spot when he shifts into the halves.
We'd probably be pretty excited about Moss if it wasn't for the other players we have around the joint. Would be a good pickup for Canberra, Titans, Dogs and Sharks.

Kilkenny

Coach
Signing players for 'overs' got us into a salary cap mess and I can't see Gus Gould falling into that trap again. Matty Moylan has been much better than most could have imagined, myself included, but $500K a season player he is not. I assume his two year deal from last season would have been modest and he certainly deserves a substantial upgrade but not anywhere near $500K a season.

Pomoz

Bench
Signing players for 'overs' got us into a salary cap mess and I can't see Gus Gould falling into that trap again. Matty Moylan has been much better than most could have imagined, myself included, but $500K a season player he is not. I assume his two year deal from last season would have been modest and he certainly deserves a substantial upgrade but not anywhere near $500K a season.
Kilkenny, signing a fullback for $500k is not overs. As ChrisD pointed out, the salary cap means the average wage will rise to $270K if it was shared equally. We know that a marque player in the halves can fetch $800K in the market. The key positions are 1,6,7 and 9. If those positions were filled with $500k players there would be enough left to pay an average of $228K for each remaining player.

Once you factor in the other allowances, $500k for a good fullback is not anything like "overs". Whether you think he is good enough to be our fullback is a separate question. But paying that amount for that position will not get us in a salary cap mess. If we paid that for a winger, then maybe so.

franklin2323

Immortal
yeah 500k. Is nothing these days for a key position these days. I imagine it's probably middle of the road comparing to Slater, Stewart, Hayne, GI. We saw what Tedisco & Milford got offered.

Then there's 3rd party deals Moylan can string sentences together. The misses thinks he's hot. So can't see a problem getting a deal,

Pomoz

Bench
yeah 500k. Is nothing these days for a key position these days. I imagine it's probably middle of the road comparing to Slater, Stewart, Hayne, GI. We saw what Tedisco & Milford got offered.

Then there's 3rd party deals Moylan can string sentences together. The misses thinks he's hot. So can't see a problem getting a deal,

hah. My missus thinks he's hot to.. Bastard.

Big Mick

Referee
It's nowhere near $500k a year from what I've heard. More reasonable than that.

It is a great deal for both Penrith and Matt.

maple_69

Bench
I'd have believed 500k 2 years ago. His alternative is to go get 700k in Canberra.
If he stays with us on 400 or so he could very well win premierships and play halves for NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts