What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
At full strength out NSW Cup side is silly. Had to lose a few now that we are on our feet. Good luck to Nabuli. Still think he can be a world class winger. Great pickup for Parra.

kiwipete

Juniors
We can't buy a gun prop or a good young prop if they aren't on the market and our juniors aren't ready. Our current props are a disgrace with Mansour covering for them every single week. A player looking for 1 more year is exactly what we want

Sorry to join the thread so late but been away. Did anyone notice the job Anderson did for us vs Manly and The Warriors? He had limited opportunities in attack but his defence was excellant, he only played 30 minutes vs Warriors but made 18 tackles , 9 hitups for 107 metres, through the middle of the pack while Kite run the blind side at halves and five eighths. Ivan has picked him again for tonights game vs Roosters and just told him to do the same thing again, run direct and hard through the middle. Please, let's not sign another 33 year old prop like Mason, I keep hearing how he has changed and matured?? The same bloke that was done for DUI THIS YEAR?? Yeah he's changed, not.

Kilkenny

Coach
At full strength out NSW Cup side is silly. Had to lose a few now that we are on our feet. Good luck to Nabuli. Still think he can be a world class winger. Great pickup for Parra.[/QUOT

Given we have George Jennings, DWZ, Robert Jennings and Waqa Blake coming thru something had to give and the collateral damage is Kevin Naigama and Eto Nabuli. Pleased for both Kevin and Eto to get contracts with other clubs where they may get more of an opportunity to play in the NRL. Good luck to both of them.

maple_69

Bench
Both are first grade quality. Just stuck behind potentially 4 guys next year so it made sense.
I agree kiwi, I rate Anderson as a long term first grade fixture. He's consistently delivered in lower grades and has been solid in his few first grade runs. He can carry a huge workload and never goes missing. Maybe not as much impact as a dialled in Mckendry but certainly a better long term option than Mason. If there's nothing great out there I think we run with Latimore and Mckendry with Plum and Kite being phased out over next year for RCG and Anderson. Clarke and Saunders will be through a couple years after that.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Story in today's Sun Herald reporting Cleary would welcome Russell Packer to Penrith if he isn't deported when released from prison possibly in January.

soc123_au

Staff member
At this point I believe what Cleary wants Cleary should get. He has proven he knows what he is doing.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm fine with it. I will not cheer him on. But will still cheer the team.

We should look at Jack Buchanan too. Being let go by Tigers and he is 193cm and 110kg with a massive workrate.

He's the ideal Cleary signing and could develop into a really quality prop. At worst he is a great back up.

Big Mick

Referee
Re-signing Anderson, potentially signing Russell Packer and if we look at and get Jack Buchanan should solidify our prop stocks going forward.

Along with the development of RCG, Andy Saunders and eventually Oliver Clark....by time Plum/Kite are retired and Latimore either re-signed or let go....we'd have enough prop stocks to cover us.

BUT that is a LOT of "If's"

Apparently Keiran Moseley has re-signed for 2 years too according to Western Weekender. So Api Korisau it appears has been brought in to play in the halves.

1. Keiran Moss, 6. Issac John, 7. Api Korisau, 9. Keiran Moseley

Lock in the 2015 NSW Cup premiership now if they stay fit.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Packer is a black spot in my mind, just remember him being difficult to bring to ground. I don't know if he or Mason would bring more impact but I'm happy enough for either.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Re-signing Anderson, potentially signing Russell Packer and if we look at and get Jack Buchanan should solidify our prop stocks going forward.

Along with the development of RCG, Andy Saunders and eventually Oliver Clark....by time Plum/Kite are retired and Latimore either re-signed or let go....we'd have enough prop stocks to cover us.

Apparently Keiran Moseley has re-signed for 2 years too according to Western Weekender. So Api Korisau it appears has been brought in to play in the halves.

Hopefully it is more often:

Moss/John/Wallace/Moseley depending on how Korisau goes.

murraymob

Coach

wouldnt will smith be in the halves

chrisD

Coach
Happy to resign Moseley, I think we're pretty lucky the standard of hookers in the NRL is pretty high atm, after his first grade performances I think it's pretty clear Moseley is NRL standard. Will make any Segs injury far easier to cope with.

chrisD

Coach
I think he's a 5/8 that would need to be persisted with in that position to reach his potential, kind of like Austin. Don't know that we can afford to do that with him though given the other players we have to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts