What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puntastic

Juniors
The more I see Segs put forwards on the back foot, the more I am ok with the idea of trying two hookers. If our props aren't going to take it out of the opposition pack, maybe Segs and Api running rings around them will work. That said, if it doesn't I trust Ivan will make changes.

Api isn't Kingston, I'd like to see how it goes.

The Lloyd Perrett rumour has been around for a while, would be a handy pick up - kid played for QLD in the 20's origin I believe.

martielang

Bench
Wouldn't surprise me if someone like Latu from NSW Cup got a look in next year at prop. He's been out the majority of the year, but he's a huge kid with plenty of potential and not so much a 'workhorse' type of front rower.

maple_69

Bench
I think we'll run with two hookers. You start Anderson to play big minutes. Larimore and Mckendry handling the rest. If you have Manu on the bench with one other second rower he can come in wide or in the middle depending on what we need.

Puntastic

Juniors
The game is trending towards speed around the ruck.

With two hookers who are quick it allows no change in pace.

Pretty much this.

South's will make a liar of me tonight now, but they've occasionally kept Luke and Api on at the same time, big guys cant handle it.

kiwipete

Juniors
Manu will be our 2nd bench prop otherwise we can't play Peachey and Cartwright

I don't understand the call for Manu to play prop? He is struggling to make metres against halves and centres, how is he going to handle running straight at the big blokes in the middle? I would prefer the option mentioned of using Anderson to play the big minutes and rotate McKendry and Latimore around the other spot and rely on Peachey,Docker and Cartwright to make up the other 20 mins or so that Anderson would be on the bench. Or use both hookers to run rampant at the end of both halves. We also have Brown and Taylor to grab some quick metres in the middle when needed.

maple_69

Bench
It's mostly come from Manu being quoted as wanting to play prop I think. As well as the fact that Grant is leaving and we haven't replaced him.
Potentially simplifying his job will bring out the best in him. Hes struggled all year and pending what happens between now and next March, BMM might bring more to the team in a similar role anyway.

kiwipete

Juniors
It's mostly come from Manu being quoted as wanting to play prop I think. As well as the fact that Grant is leaving and we haven't replaced him.
Potentially simplifying his job will bring out the best in him. Hes struggled all year and pending what happens between now and next March, BMM might bring more to the team in a similar role anyway.

True, I think Manu can see the writing on the wall that his impact around the edges is waning and he might be able to do better up the middle. BMM would do better on both counts IMO and he has an excellant offload and good legspeed too. Same as Manu though, don't want an effective back rower moving to the middle when his skills deminish. Brown is another who I think is having less impact than when he came here and with Peachey, Cartwright and Yeo having a full NRL off season going into next season he might struggle to make the team too. Although Bryce and Peaches injuries will restrict their offseason so might save a couple of others positions early season.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I don't understand the call for Manu to play prop? He is struggling to make metres against halves and centres, how is he going to handle running straight at the big blokes in the middle? I would prefer the option mentioned of using Anderson to play the big minutes and rotate McKendry and Latimore around the other spot and rely on Peachey,Docker and Cartwright to make up the other 20 mins or so that Anderson would be on the bench. Or use both hookers to run rampant at the end of both halves. We also have Brown and Taylor to grab some quick metres in the middle when needed.

Docker is really the odd one out there. We don't need him in the top 17. Great backup if Taylor or the second row guys go down, but otherwise?

8. Prop #1 (it's gonna be Kite, but shouldn't be)
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Manu
13. Taylor

14. Korosiau
15. Latimore
16. Peachey
17. Prop #2

kiwipete

Juniors
Docker is really the odd one out there. We don't need him in the top 17. Great backup if Taylor or the second row guys go down, but otherwise?

8. Prop #1 (it's gonna be Kite, but shouldn't be)
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Manu
13. Taylor

14. Korosiau
15. Latimore
16. Peachey
17. Prop #2

#17 has to be Anderson. There are no others in the club playing better and none on the radar to be signed for 2015. I'd rather Plum at Prop #1 but you are probably right about Kite. But he will be phased out during the year I reckon, he said he came here to get a coaching job so I don't think it will take much of an injury to see him retire. I'd probably have Yeo or BMM rather than Korosiau too, IMO.

Doomednow

Bench
Docker played a great game on the weekend and Brown has been in good form recently. That both have the ability to be valuable in the back row they just need to get it done consistently.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Docker played a great game on the weekend and Brown has been in good form recently. That both have the ability to be valuable in the back row they just need to get it done consistently.

Yeah, but we are talking about the Top 17 for next season, assuming no injuries (which never happens, but lets pretend). At this stage you'd rather have Brown and Docker ahead of two of Cartwright, Peachey, Korosiau, Manu?

maple_69

Bench
Docker will need to improve on his running game and perform to his best consistently to keep his spot. We have two complete forward packs capable of first grade. So many variables.

Anderson, Segeyaro, Mckendry, Peachey, Brown, Taylor, Api, Manu, Latimore, Cartwright
Kite, Foster, Plum, Yeo, BMM, Docker, Moseley, RCG, Latu, Cherrington

Add Smith and Saunders stepping up as well as N. Smith and Simpkins if they're still with us. Outrageous depth.

franklin2323

Immortal
Manu's problem was no off-season thrown straight into 1st grade. On Sunday he played 36 minutes. 11 hitups for 112m. Out of the props only Grant played less minutes. Yet he had more metres then McKendry & Latimore.

He doesn't have the speed or skill to be a backrower anymore wants to be prop so lets train him as one in the offseason.

Cartwright, Brown, Peachey and Taylor must be in the top 17. You would think either Koroisau or Moseley on the bench. Of course Seg starting. Leaves the 4 props no reason Manu can't be 1 of them.

Frankus

Juniors
Segs and Api are our future. I would seriously consider moving Segs to the halves when Wallace needs to be put out to pasture. The simple fact is we can't have two quality hooker in the side long term until one starts looking for new opportunities. In my humble Yeo needs to be in the 17 next year. He has been outstanding this year. I think he is the most under rated player to have started this year. Him completely shutting down Morris after shifting to centre on the weekend is a case in point. Will only get better with another full off season in the gym.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I don't think Yeo has done much wrong, but he's just your average player at the moment (unlike you, I think he is slightly overrated, especially when playing center - he just doesn't have the hand speed for it). He needs more time in the reserves I think to build muscle and a bit more skill. He definitely wouldn't be in my Top 17 for next year, but is good injury cover nonetheless.

Doomednow

Bench
Yeah, but we are talking about the Top 17 for next season, assuming no injuries (which never happens, but lets pretend). At this stage you'd rather have Brown and Docker ahead of two of Cartwright, Peachey, Korosiau, Manu?

I'm not particularly fussed on Manu but for top 17 yeah Peachey and Cartwright are better options. If Brown can keep up his form we'll likely see him on the bench though.

I know its been talked about a bit on here but I can't figure out what we are doing with Korosiau. I guess if we're playing two hookers Brown won't be there. I have a hard time imagining Cleary dropping one of his favourites, though.

Scotty03

Juniors
Korosiau will be playing NSW Cup and a backup if we have any injuries.

Next years squad;

1. Moylan
2. Simmons
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7 .Wallace
8. Kite
9. Segz
10. Mckendry
11. Manu