What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwipete

Juniors
You've got that right.

I can't disagree either,Ivan is a genius, but I just don't see Packer fitting into our culture. He's obviously a loose cannon and is he really that good a player that he's worth the risk of damaging what we've created? NO DICKHEADS.

MaxPower

Juniors
This is what Cleary had to say about him in a news article:

"I've had a long relationship with Russell and again I've got every confidence that he's going to come out of this better for it," Cleary said, adding the public's perception of Packer was not necessarily accurate.

They see the shaven head, scraggly beard and extravagant body art, they remember him urinating on Suncorp Stadium in June last year while waiting for the Brisbane Broncos to kick-off.

But, insisted Cleary: "He's no dummy, Russell.

"I don't think it's healthy to judge a book by it's cover."

martielang

Bench
So John is with us next year too?

I rate what I've seen of Smith. People are being way to critical on a kid that has gone from playing centre, fullback and occasionally 5/8th for NSW Cup, into a permanent 5/8th in first grade. Given the teams we have faced over the last 2 months and the traffic that has been run his way, he has done a terrific job and continues to improve.

Doomednow

Bench
Yeah Smith is doing ok and at the very least is a serviceable backup. Likely still has a lot of improving ahead of him as well.

He might not be totally ready yet but he's been good enough to do the job in our time of need. He deserves praise not derision.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Merrin might not be at the Dragons next year. Would love to see him here, might be asking for a bit too much coin though.

Big Mick

Referee
Tim Grants departure will free up a bit.

Yep, along with Kevin Naiqama, Wes Naiqama, Kevin Kingston, Eto Nabuli, Nathan Smith, Tom Humble.

On top of that next year we probably wont re-sign one of Docker/Brown/Manu and Issac John probably wont stick around and be given an opportunity elsewhere. Same as maybe even Keiran Moss.

murraymob

Coach
Yep, along with Kevin Naiqama, Wes Naiqama, Kevin Kingston, Eto Nabuli, Nathan Smith, Tom Humble.

On top of that next year we probably wont re-sign one of Docker/Brown/Manu and Issac John probably wont stick around and be given an opportunity elsewhere. Same as maybe even Keiran Moss.
it should also be noted all those players mentioned are currently signed by the club meaning they already fit in the cap no extra needed

Panther Pete

Juniors

I knew Kev Naquaima was also going but had forgotten about all the others. Although most I would imagine are on minimum, they all add up. Perhaps we might have a crack at Merrin?

murraymob

Coach
I knew Kev Naquaima was also going but had forgotten about all the others. Although most I would imagine are on minimum, they all add up. Perhaps we might have a crack at Merrin?

hope not .The dragons are over the cap.That means there are a few over paid players my guess merrin is one of them.I would prefer after how well he went the last to game keep sam anderson a lot cheaper and just as good

maple_69

Bench
Worth a serious look. He's all class, just the style of player I think would cap our pack and from what I've seen and heard he would fit in well attitude wise.

ashton

Juniors

plus Sam McKendry wage has been reduced under the cap due to long service. And we will not be subsidising Lachlan Cootes wage next year

hope not .The dragons are over the cap.That means there are a few over paid players my guess merrin is one of them.I would prefer after how well he went the last to game keep sam anderson a lot cheaper and just as good

I'm a fan of Anderson and want him as our starting prop playing 70- 80mins next year but he's not as good as Merrin. Not even close

soc123_au

Staff member
Imagine Seg & Moylan sniffing around waiting for a Merrin offload. It would add a whole new dimension to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts