What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Hannant peaked about 4 years ago has gone downhill since. Would take him on the cheap but would rather stick with what we got.

Blues Riff

Bench
What better place for Packer to turn his life around, than our club?
Just what we/he needs.
Hannant? .......er no.

Blues Riff

Bench
Yeah, maybe a reformed version of him, who has pumped iron for a year and found God.
Bob's right though, SMH says Dragons.

Puntastic

Juniors
Seems its us or the Dragons. Flip a coin. It bothers me that we seem so keen on signing him.

I don't want him. Goes against everything we've been doing. Wonder how he'd fit in anyway.

Would be very, very hard to cheer him on.

Soc's dead right.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm leaning towards the Dragons having signed him. They beat Sharks for Benji, I can see them beating us for Packer. Then having to offload half a dozen players as they're supposedly already struggling with the cap and having offered him massive overs to sign.

I don't see how we could have cap issues. Losing Tim Grant who is on ridiculous overs, and replacing him with nobody as yet. We should have some good money for a front rower. Also a lot of blokes on smaller contracts leaving.

Fights happen in life sometimes but stomping someone's head into the pavement is attempted murder, it's just that our legal system is a joke.

Pantherjim.

Referee
So nobody deserves a second chance?

I'd be quite happy to have him with us if he's turned his life around and is prepared to play his guts out for us.

TheFrog

Coach
Fights happen in life sometimes but stomping someone's head into the pavement is attempted murder, it's just that our legal system is a joke.

That was for the prosecutors and the courts to decide.

Having done his time, the bloke is entitled to return to work.

Blues Riff

Bench
He's got a big job in front of him to convince the public. He'll need a thick skin. I just think Panthers have the right culture and infrastructure to help the guy change his life.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't see how you can argue that what he did was anything other then attempted murder. What else could you possibly be trying to achieve by stomping on a guys head after you knock them out?

He has served his time (or will have soon), but what he did was far more severe then a simple fight. one punch can kill, and he made an extra violent effort after the fight was over to cause more damage by stomping the guys head. It's a miracle that the victim survived.

If we signed him I would get behind him and hope for a great redemption story. But I would prefer he went to Dragons and made their club look like a joke for signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts