What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Barely better than the slow plodders we are working with now.

I think our pack is starting to look pretty good for next year now. It relies on the players staying healthy but Merrin, RCG, Latimore, Latu, Mckendry, Taylor, Matagi, Bryce, Peachey, Yeo and Seggy is qute a good mix imo with BMM, Sopoaga, Kikau and some of our NYC grads from this year and last to make up the depth. I can live with that.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Barely better than the slow plodders we are working with now.

I don't really get what you want though.

There are not many Kasiano's, JWH etc running around. They aren't coming off contract...and if they are...are getting way more than market value.

We got one who I think can be that in Kikau. Latu if he re-signs possibly could be.

A few in Under 20's might too

But don't think we have much choice other than trying to buy them young before NRL and developing them...or developing them ourselves.

MrBlack

Juniors
Matagi is a great signing. We have lots of skill and workhorses in our forwards but have always missed aggression...

Adding Merrin, our forwards look great for next year.

Those who think otherwise have short memories, remember this line up from just 3 seasons ago

8. Sam McKENDRY
9. Kevin KINGSTON
10. Dayne WESTON
11. Clint NEWTON
12. Cameron CIRALDO
13. Luke LEWIS (c)
Bench
14. Danny GALEA
15. Mitch ACHURCH
16. Blake AUSTIN
17. Ryan SIMPKINS
18. Matt ROBINSON

The yak

Juniors
Impact player off the bench at best. But given how poor our forward pack has been this year a bit of thrust would be nice.

betcats

Referee

There are not many Kasiano's, JWH etc running around. They aren't coming off contract...and if they are...are getting way more than market value.

We got one who I think can be that in Kikau. Latu if he re-signs possibly could be.

But don't think we have much choice other than trying to buy them young before NRL and developing them...or developing them ourselves.

I didn't realise Latu is only 22...I had him closer to 30 than 20 for some reason. We better bloody re-sign him he has been very good since he debuted.

chrisD

Coach

I want a reason to think our front row will be able to stand up with the best come finals time. At this stage I am hoping Latu comes along stronger than currently and that BMM and Kikau get a go up front and kill it. I don't see Matagi really changing anything.

How long do quality props need to be going for 750-1mil before that is their market value rather than above?

Big Mick

Referee
I didn't realise Latu is only 22...I had him closer to 30 than 20 for some reason. We better bloody re-sign him he has been very good since he debuted.

Probably because he is bald. lol.

It depends. The fact he debuted late in the year may actually hurt us in retaining him in the end.

From what I heard Tigers/Sharks/Cowboys/Storm are sniffing around. Hope we can retain him though.

Big Mick

Referee
I want a reason to think our front row will be able to stand up with the best come finals time. At this stage I am hoping Latu comes along stronger than currently and that BMM and Kikau get a go up front and kill it. I don't see Matagi really changing anything.

How long do quality props need to be going for 750-1mil before that is their market value rather than above?

BMM is going to Salford apparently so don't think we are getting him re-signed.

We've already got our 600-750k forward in Merrin...it isn't sustainable to have 2 and have enough depth to cover injuries in forwards and have a balanced side. And it isn't sustainable to have 2-3 of those guys and have decent halves.

So if we are going to get one it has to be a young, cheap guy that we either buy or develop ourselves.

GongPanther

Referee
We get snippets like this when someones team needs to beat us for whatever reason.

This time,Canberra desperate need a win.Enter stage left someone in the media to upset the applecart.

As far as I'm concerned,Cleary is a big part of the future at Penrith.Any players that don't want to toe the line (I'm guessing this is were the whispers are coming from) they can simply fook off.

Of course there will be the clubs that will be waiting in the wings like a Seagull waiting for a chip.

This of course is hypothetical.Just like sportal's claim.

hindy111

Post Whore
Keiran Moss - Off too parra. I know he was hyped up in under 20's and then since moved too the NW cup has had injury disrupting his season. How has he looked and can he make first grade and kick on or do you see him more as a NSW cup player? Would love your thoughts.I seens him in NSW up and looked like the star of your team.Its a big jump up thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.