What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember something along the lines that Hoppas management had a signed contract. Correct me if I'm wrong ..... That's what worries me.

bartman

Immortal
I recall media references to a signed (by Hoppa) contract that the club had not - or was not able to get - registered by the NRL?

That would seem like an offer made, documents sighted/signed and returned, and then lacking a final approval/registration (no doubt due to our cap troubles and scrutiny by the NRL).

Where that leaves the issue in terms of the courts and legal aspects is anyone's guess, but if Hoppa hasn't signed the (new/revised) offer, then he's a free agent now and surely we have to spend whatever money set aside for him now (preferably with NRL backing to do so without a cap breach)?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hoppa's gone anyway. A merkin from TheFilthySpammers said so cos he spoke to Hoppa's Grandma.

Lol

I think I posted last week that I heard the Gold Coast have signed him which makes sense given his wife's from Queensland

bartman

Immortal
I think logically contracts would have conditions that the nrl had to approve the deal/players contract needed to be registered with the nrl as standard. This may not be the case but if i was organising the contracts I'd have it as standard
Yes, given the NRL Clubs are required to work within an NRL salary cap, there would (presumably) be standard clauses indicating a contract is not valid until registered as such by the NRL.

In good faith, two parties agreeing (offering/signing) an NRL contract would expect it to be registered within a set time period (10 days?) and then if there is a problem the offer/contract it would become void until the problem is mutually agreed (e.g. Foran situation) and then registered. If Hoppa is claiming compensation for offers rejected in the 10 days (or whatever) while he was waiting, then fair call... if he is caliming for other offers considered in the months leading up to the contract being prepared, then legally he might be a bit shaky imo?

Morally it doesn't seem to be good treatment of the player, and we were clearly in a mess of salary cap things at the time... where did this Scott Seward character run away to again?

Stagger eel

Staff member
He's probably with Kenny Edwards the fastest forward at our club, he's got brilliant footwork it's just a pity he can't actually hold a football

strider

Post Whore
Only in the sense that he had signed a contract that wasn't lodged with the NRL that was not followed through on.

I guess though the Titans just accepted it and didn't force it.

the contracts players sign prior to the mid-year deadline allow them to legally back out .... it is a completely different thing

strider

Post Whore
He's probably with Kenny Edwards the fastest forward at our club, he's got brilliant footwork it's just a pity he can't actually hold a football

though i don't know if there was that much footwork in that try - a slightly angled run and just an enormous hole he ran through

lingard

Coach
At least you didn't deny it.

So, eighteen months or so ago, you make a comment about people who clean toilets in psychiatric hospitals - implying that they were the lowest of the low. I point out to you that I've worked in mental health for over thirty years; that I've had a number of friends who were cleaners in psychiatric hospitals (and, yes, they cleaned out the toilets there); and that my brother had severe Bi-Polar Disorder and was an inpatient several times at Cumberland Hospital, before he drowned at Palm Beach. I asked you not to continue making derogatory comments about people with mental illnesses and people who worked with them - because it offended me. But you and your stupid little mate, Maroubra Eel, continued to taunt me about it and make jokes about it and stated that I should not be offended by things on the internet 'because it's anonymous'. Now you make another joke about mental illness, hoping to get under my skin because you don't know how to have a rational conversation about football. It's real primary school stuff, mate. You're just a prize dick-head and you really do spoil this site. I wish you'd just f**k off back to the other one.

I don't understand who else it was that Lingard was supposed to have a go at in the interest of consistency?

There aren't any other posts about mental illness in the last few pages. Or maybe I just don't get it.

Parra47

Juniors
So, eighteen months or so ago, you make a comment about people who clean toilets in psychiatric hospitals - implying that they were the lowest of the low. I point out to you that I've worked in mental health for over thirty years; that I've had a number of friends who were cleaners in psychiatric hospitals (and, yes, they cleaned out the toilets there); and that my brother had severe Bi-Polar Disorder and was an inpatient several times at Cumberland Hospital, before he drowned at Palm Beach. I asked you not to continue making derogatory comments about people with mental illnesses and people who worked with them - because it offended me. But you and your stupid little mate, Maroubra Eel, continued to taunt me about it and make jokes about it and stated that I should not be offended by things on the internet 'because it's anonymous'. Now you make another joke about mental illness, hoping to get under my skin because you don't know how to have a rational conversation about football. It's real primary school stuff, mate. You're just a prize dick-head and you really do spoil this site. I wish you'd just f**k off back to the other one.

Well said mate. People who continue to make ignorant jokes about mental illness, especially when they know it offends/affects someone who has asked them to stop, as their life has been touched by mental illness, mate they are not worth the trouble. Just ignore the dead set drop kicks who make their rubbish posts from the safety of their keyboards. They just show how ignorant and shallow they are.

What a tool. The bloke needs some help, but f**k.

Rugby league player Matthew Lodge has been arrested in New York City for allegedly assaulting a man and stalking two women, telling them "this is the night that you die".
The West Tigers forward, who was stood down last month after being charged with several domestic violence and stalking offences in Sydney, is in America celebrating the end of the NRL season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-new-york-20151018-gkby3k.html#ixzz3otqQjUYU

Status
Not open for further replies.