What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
yet another case of a hack journos trolling forums/Social media.

Absolutely nothing in this story. Total garbage.

maple_69

Bench
Hasnt been playing badly, but not earning his salary.

Frees up plenty of $$$$$

Dude where's that coming from? He was in average form for the first 3/4 weeks but has been massive since then. I think you'll find he's averaging 150m and 30-35 tackles a game.

I'd think if Capewell comes it probably means we're not getting Williams, at least for this year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Sam Williams said on Canberra local radio today that he wants to stay in Canberra, but, as a professional footballer he wants to play first grade,so he has a few things to speak to the Raiders about and that he hoped to have his future sorted out by this time next week.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
We wont let Tim Grant go and we should not either, future Panther Captain and playing good football.

When I read in the article about Coote to Fullback and Moylan to Wing I immediately thought this guy doesn't really know what the Panthers think of Moylan. I cannot see Moylan being moved for Coote.

I am thinking maybe they will let Coote go, his injuries and with what we have bought and Moylan now in first grade Coote looks like just a backup player to me. Maybe they might be thinking of using him similar to Mortimer at the Roosters.

Last edited:

meek

Juniors
The problem i have with Tim Grant is not so much can he play but is he worth the money supposedly that financial genius Leary signed him up on.?
I would say NO way IMO
He is an okay prop thats all IMO - would swap him for Packer in a heartbeat .
if the money is true then let him ride of into the sunset - we will get somone as good and still have money in the till

NOT worth the money if true -- Going , Going GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Bye Tim

Last edited:
The problem i have with Tim Grant is not so much can he play but is he worth the money supposedly that financial genius Leary signed him up on.?
I would say NO way IMO
if the money is true then let him ride of into the sunset - we will get somone as good and still have money in the till

NOT worth the money if true -- Going , Going GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Bye Tim

He's more than just an 'ok' prop. He had a bit of a slow start for the year , but he's easily a top 10 prop.

A few other things , the cap is rising. So unless Tim has clauses for his money to rise with it his percentage impact on the overall cap will lessen.

What are we going to do with the free money? We already have free cap space , do we need more?

murraymob

Coach
why is it people think tim even wants to go.Lewis brown and segero coming into the team have been a breath of fresh air and the other players are loving having them there.I doubt he wants to go

meek

Juniors
No one says he wants to go - would you on his money ?

What we are discussing is the Manly rumour if he goes well thats his issue

NO one say he wants to go - not that ive read anyhow

TOP 10 props in the game Herb - cant agree mate - we will have to agree to disagree on that one

chrisD

Coach
Rumours are that Manly are chasing a high quality prop. Rumours were that Grant had the shits with being benched. Maybe Manly put out some feelers or maybe people just put 2 and 2 together. But the same people are saying Grant is staying and Manly are looking seriously at other players, unless this is new information.

He may be on a contract worth more coin than his performances warrant, but with the money we have spare we obviously need him on the field more than we need the coin.

No one says he wants to go - would you on his money ?

What we are discussing is the Manly rumour if he goes well thats his issue

NO one say he wants to go - not that ive read anyhow

TOP 10 props in the game Herb - cant agree mate - we will have to agree to disagree on that one

Then who is in your top 10?

maple_69

Bench
Peachy signing with who soon? Cronulla?
Honestly given Grants age and his contributions over the last 4 years Of probably only take Woods and Tamou ahead of him. Guys like Scott, Hannant, Graham etc are great but they don't have a huge amount of time left in the game or haven't performed for that long. Packer I rate highly but he's barely put a full season of quality form together yet.

soc123_au

Staff member
I would say NO way IMO

Thats crazy talk, Grant has the potential to be a gun for another 8+ years.

Big Mick

Referee
I don't see how even if we signed Peachey how that's a bad signing. Anyone who has seen him play would tell you the kid is a gun.

Can play centre/five-eight/backrow.

Also...I will say AGAIN...Tim Grant isn't going anywhere.

His situation, imo is case in point why I want to spend some money retaining our guys now. Let's re-do his deal now to be a 4 year deal...but heavily front-loaded.

Manly is after Michael Weyman and an English prop.

chrisD

Coach
And does your source know how/where we plan to accommodate him? I assume he's signing expressly to play first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts