What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
And does your source know how/where we plan to accommodate him? I assume he's signing expressly to play first grade.

Can play anywhere imo.

End of the day Peachy will be replacing someone like Newton/Ciraldo/Galea etc etc...how is that a bad thing?

Perception is we have a stack of backrowers....but if injuries hit who we going to play?

11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Taylor

15. Robinson
16. Docker

Depth:
VTK, Cartwright, Eisenhuth, Austin, Plum (although could be prop)...maybe a few others...but in reality they are all maybe's at present.

Don't see how adding him would hurt.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
I don't think he's being signed to replace Ciraldo or Galea, they shouldn't be first grade considerations again. Peachey is I believe first grade material, better than Bakuya for sure, playing first grade must be the priority in his next contract.

Where does he fit? If our 2014 back row lacks anything it's size, not ball playing.

Pomoz

Bench
Can play anywhere imo.

End of the day Peachy will be replacing someone like Newton/Ciraldo/Galea etc etc...how is that a bad thing?
Presuming this isn't a trick question, I think the answer is - NO!

Gus is really stocking up on promising youngsters, not sure where they all fit and I don't care. Competition is healthy and injuries can change a season (take this year for example) in an instant.

I have been following the club for 26 years, since the day I landed in Oz, can anyone who has been following them longer remember us ever being so active in the market?

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah but think about it. There would at least be opportunity here. At the Sharks he wont really have the opportunity.

I believe he could make a really good centre.

Only have to see what he did to us last week to know how good he is.

And I said we'd be losing guys like Newton/Galea/Ciraldo and replacing them with VTK, Cartwright, Taylor and presumably Peachey. Again I say...even if he doesn't play FG, how is that a bad thing?

Big Mick

Referee

Gus is really stocking up on promising youngsters, not sure where they all fit and I don't care. Competition is healthy and injuries can change a season (take this year for example) in an instant.

I have been following the club for 26 years, since the day I landed in Oz, can anyone who has been following them longer remember us ever being so active in the market?

I'm 28 years old...I've never seen them THIS active...and especially this early.

It's great to see we are actively filling holes.

chrisD

Coach
Yeah but think about it. There would at least be opportunity here. At the Sharks he wont really have the opportunity.

I believe he could make a really good centre.

Only have to see what he did to us last week to know how good he is.

And I said we'd be losing guys like Newton/Galea/Ciraldo and replacing them with VTK, Cartwright, Taylor and presumably Peachey. Again I say...even if he doesn't play FG, how is that a bad thing?

There's not an infinite amount of places or resources, and I worry we're filling them with the same type of player. I'd like some variation, particularly in size.

chrisD

Coach
Well if the system is 4 of the same mid sized blokes + Manu then I worry about the system, particularly when we come up against the bigger teams.

franklin2323

Immortal
Chris. After watching him carefully last week he would fill in Segs utility spot on the bench. Has better ball playing skills then Walsh/Kingston lighter on his feet then most of our backs. At a pinch can play backrow.

Depending on Satini & Jennings might be our centre if Roberts/Whare fall down. I would play him there before Tighe/Brown/Naiqama. So I can handle it especially if his replacing Kingston, Newton etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
As I said...I see him as a centre, not primarily a backrower.

Potentially we have better centres in NYC. I think even DWZ will be centre reminds me of Hopoate/Folau body shape better suited to centre.

Though injuries will strike these players may not develop as quick as expected in that case he's ideal.

Though a 17 man game these days. I would rather if a back goes down or we want Seg off we use him or Austin rather then Taylor or Brown

chrisD

Coach
I think he's more of a threat in the middle of the park than down the edges, taking advantage of bigger and tired or lazy defenders with his trickery. He'd be ok at hooker, the same way Cleary used Brown and I think Taylor sometimes at the warriors. That's my issue though, we will have players who can fill these roles, perhaps he is better suited though.

Pomoz

Bench
I was watching the video and thinking "yeah, you look good now but what about when you step up against adults?". Then I realised it was the NSW cup and he was playing against adults! He looks really talented and can find a gap.

Ironically, if we do sign him it's because Cronulla signed Lewis from the Panthers and with Wade Graham as well, there is no room in the back row for a few years. If he can come here and continue his progress, we will have done very well out of a swap for Lewis!

soc123_au

Staff member
Where does he fit? If our 2014 back row lacks anything it's size, not ball playing.

Cameron Ciraldo & Tony Williams say Hi. Size isnt everything, there isnt too many huge backrowers that are worth pissing on from a skill or ticker perspective.

murraymob

Coach

i have and the answer is no closet just prior to 91 we bought a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts