What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
most of the good juniors are already signed up .We need a name player to get people through the gate .If the juniors are good enough they will make there way through and earn there spot

But they aren't. Austin has an option but IF another club wants him we have to match that. Moylan, Docker part time contracts.

As for through the gates win games it will happen. Moylan, Mansour, Segeyaro are already building a cult following.

Panfas

Juniors
This is what i said in the NRL board

Personally, I think Benji would be a better signing for Penrith than Carney would ever be. Maybe not necessarily on the field, but off field (media etc) Benji is the better hands down. This is something we need, a genuine superstar both on and off the field. Carney while a star on the field, is not much of a role model off it

IMO the big stars & personalities in the game would be Thurston, Inglis, Barba, Benji then Slater in that order. Every kid wants to be Benji Marshall or Ben Barba

Benji also makes regular appearances in the media (TFS), and if he was with us, he would represent US! We need a genuine superstar at this club. Luke Lewis was not a star and Michael Jennings is not in the Benji/Barba class, a long way from it.

Benji to Penrith, YES PLEASE!

franklin2323

Immortal
We don't have $1.35m

We've already spent some of the increase so we essentially have what was left for what we were offering Carney/JT.

And I wasn't suggesting don't spend to the cap

I was suggesting re-signing guys like Moylan/Austin etc to 3 year deals with a shitload cap number for next year to utilise that space and create more space going forward to go after a Johnson for example.

Spot on and some of the extra's aren't available to Benji for example the halves academy coach. You would teach them structured play etc something Benji can't do.

We were 800k under this year and will have a 1000% better team next year even with no additions.

We can pay Grant, McKendry extra so we don't have to backend like crazy. Walsh has 2 more years left Pay them out on next years cap so it's a clean slate.

Our forward pack looks great next year. Soward has the set finishing skills we have lacked. A full off season to Moylan No Newton, Kingston etc we will make the 8 next year even without another 'star' recruit

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Although Id prefer Johnson, what chances would it be for him to come here? We have Ivan as Coach and thats a Bonus what other incentives for him to come here? Besides the Money

franklin2323

Immortal
Although Id prefer Johnson, what chances would it be for him to come here? We have Ivan as Coach and thats a Bonus what other incentives for him to come here? Besides the Money

Brown, Taylor ex team mates. Whare, Manu, Mckendry Test team mates. He knows the coaching structure 1/5 of the team that's more then most teams can offer

beads6

First Grade
Apparently you blokes are signing Luke Capewell for this season. Just a rumour that was posted on a Broncos forum.

Big Mick

Referee
John or Coote at 7 are significantly weaker than the rest of next years squad. Mick's post was suggesting signing no-one and putting the money into retaining players, I do not want to do that, to me it's a waste of a year, I would rather explore all options of signing an upgrade to play halfback for next season.

Johnson, Benji, it's all pie in the sky stuff.

I'm saying I'd rather retain than pay Williams $450k or Benji $800k

I don't believe that is unreasonable nor a waste of a year considering the talent around the squad already next year.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Yea but is Moylan better than Coote? thats my question. he seems he has already played 100 first grade games. he has no fear and to be honest I thought he was going crack underpressure in the Melbourne game, but he didnt. if we had a choice Id keep Moylan

Big Mick

Referee
Yea but is Moylan better than Coote? thats my question. he seems he has already played 100 first grade games. he has no fear and to be honest I thought he was going crack underpressure in the Melbourne game, but he didnt. if we had a choice Id keep Moylan

Moylan, Moss & DWZ (Right Now) --> Coote at Fullback.

Big Mick

Referee
He is actually a Panther Supporter, Moylan is Good enough and a future Rep player

I know he is.

I also know a heap of supporters who know nothing about what is in the club currently.

Doesn't mean they aren't knowledgeable but if you are writing that sort of piece imo should be known and know the reason Coote was moved from FB in the first place...

chrisD

Coach
I too, ideally, would prefer Johnson, but we need a half for next year and the Johnson window is 2015. He is also a massive star in NZ, is a NZer and the Warrior's are cashed up to f**k. If the timing arrives and we're in a position to do so we should do as we did with JT and Carney, throw everything at him to try and get him while expecting to miss out. We should not be holding back on improving the team in the now for him or any other player.

Big Mick

Referee
They are rumoured to be getting Tomkins which I've been told is pretty much done and it is a massive contract.

Thomas Leuluai is already signed and they have core young players under contract along with upgrades now for Vatuvai and Mateo along with having to re-sign Rapira/Mannering soon.

Now if they sign Tomkins and his desire is to play halfback where does that leave the Warriors? Shift TL to hooker where they already have Nathan Friend?

I dunno. Especially if they continue to play poorly, Johnson may say it would be better for his "brand" if he played for a coach he knows he's played well under. Benji playing in Australia hasn't exactly hurt his stock in NZ as far as popularity.

I like you, don't think it is likely, but it is worth exploring most definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.