What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAnonymous

Bench
autaw3.gif

HankScorpio

Juniors
Can't see how Wallace is better than Walsh. Hoping this means that Williams knocked us back and we're getting a stop gap for a year to make a run at Johnson.

unbreaK

Juniors
Can't see how Wallace is better than Walsh. Hoping this means that Williams knocked us back and we're getting a stop gap for a year to make a run at Johnson.

Tell him he's dreaming, there's no way Wallace would leave Red Hill for a 1 year contract, it most likely means that Gould approached him offering him a multi-year deal, Wallace will ask Broncos if it's ok for him to leave, if we say yes I'd say we've got Williams or Johnson basically signed.

meek

Juniors
That must be a geeup - he im sorry is one of the worse halfs running around

Walsh is better - Wallace offers nothing - Watching the broncos im surprised they win anything with his style of play

good tackler that's it

Geez if they resign him - you would have to wonder -
could you imagine him playing last night - no setting up players nothing - kicks occasionally and can tackle - geez Wallace would bring nothing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUs

meek

Juniors
this is the best bit
News of Wallace's likely return to Penrith will delight their fans after Carney rejected the club to sign a new five-year deal with Cronulla.

more like make the fans slit there wrists LOL

Big Mick

Referee
But, but...I thought we all loved our local juniors......

End of the day he is better and more consistent than Walsh and when he had Lockyer inside him (even at diminished capacity) he looked good.

He'd also be a better compliment to Soward imo who is a more flashy player, Wallace is more steady.

Having said that, I'd much rather not sign him....and project Matt Moylan as a half to promote Keiran Moss.

I don't see how Wallace would add to the puzzle.

But given their previous moves which have brought us to this point, I'd trust them if they made the move.

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
I feel bad for you guys to be honest, Soward / Wallace would have to be one of the worst halves combos in the NRL, and they're both extremely hot and cold, for Broncos sake I hope he gets the hell outta here but.

HankScorpio

Juniors
I feel bad for you guys to be honest, Soward / Wallace would have to be one of the worst halves combos in the NRL, and they're both extremely hot and cold, for Broncos sake I hope he gets the hell outta here but.

As opposed to Walsh / Burns or Walsh / Humble? :p

meek

Juniors
Smacks of signing for the sake of it -
Why not give John more time to prove himself - cant see Johnson being happy with being hooked - maybe have a yarn to Him

Sorry Mick Wallace is useless Local or not and would bring absolutely nothing and IMO send the team / progress backwards

Anyway if it happens
I can picture us on here all screaming about Wallace's lack of creativity
Can tackle that's it.

And by the way id look good playing inside Lockyer

Big Mick

Referee

Couldn't disagree more.

I think they'd compliment each other well.

Do I want Wallace? Not really.

But we've had halves combinations involving Travis Burns, Luke Walsh, Luke Lewis, Richie Williams, Arana Tuamata, Craig Trindall etc etc

I think Soward/Wallace would be an upgrade over those combinations.

We don't need much, we'll have enough talent elsewhere.

Big Mick

Referee
Smacks of signing for the sake of it -
Why not give John more time to prove himself - cant see Johnson being happy with being hooked - maybe have a yarn to Him

Sorry Mick Wallace is useless Local or not and would bring absolutely nothing and IMO send the team / progress backwards

Anyway if it happens
I can picture us on here all screaming about Wallace's lack of creativity
Can tackle that's it.

And by the way id look good playing inside Lockyer

Sorry but the last couple of years Lockyer wasn't much more than a just a player...plenty will still say how awesome he was. Maybe once or twice a game...but overall he wasn't great.

And I'm not defending the signing...I really don't want him either. But I'm not going to slam Gus for it until he pulls on the jumper and it is reality.

unbreaK

Juniors
Couldn't disagree more.

I think they'd compliment each other well.

Do I want Wallace? Not really.

But we've had halves combinations involving Travis Burns, Luke Walsh, Luke Lewis, Richie Williams, Arana Tuamata, Craig Trindall etc etc

I think Soward/Wallace would be an upgrade over those combinations.

We don't need much, we'll have enough talent elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Soward/Wallace will be worse than what you've got this year, I'm saying that your Halves this year are absolutely atrocious and you're upgrading to 2 of the most over-rated, inconsistent players in the NRL, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.