What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
The other thing is Sam Williams was set to make up his mind by today.

So maybe Penrith are leaking this in order to give him a bit of a nudge to say "Look...sign...or else we have someone else that wants to be a part of what we are building here".

Just a thought.

benntash

Juniors
How is it a bad halves combination?? Both have played SOO in the halves. Not many teams could say that. Yes they are both down on form but also with struggling clubs. If Gus and Ivan think he is the man ill support it.
But for the record I don't want Wallace either

Copperhead

Juniors
The other thing is Sam Williams was set to make up his mind by today.

So maybe Penrith are leaking this in order to give him a bit of a nudge to say "Look...sign...or else we have someone else that wants to be a part of what we are building here".

Just a thought.

This is what I'll hang my hopes on.

Bringing Wallace back would undo much of the good work Gus and Ivan have done.
Terrible timing too. Just wanted to enjoy that win and then this news derailed it.

Nugget10

Juniors
Wallace is playing behind a well beaten pack at Brisbane. Joey Johns would look like a nuffie behind that pack. I like the signing personally. At his best he's an awesome player and we would get him at a bargain

murraymob

Coach
i would hope Gus watched issac john last night .Would cost a fraction of the price and is the hard head soward needs to work with him

murraymob

Coach
How is it a bad halves combination?? Both have played SOO in the halves. Not many teams could say that. Yes they are both down on form but also with struggling clubs. If Gus and Ivan think he is the man ill support it.
But for the record I don't want Wallace either

but does Gus think he is the man or is just desperate to sign someone. Thurston carney williams all attempted signing first

Not impressed with this news at all.

I'm fully supportive of most of the moves Gus has made. But I'm not going to be a sycophant about it.

IMO the right move is to sign a younger half with Soward.

Soward I can support because of his excellent kicking game , but we need more than a one dimensional player inside him.

murraymob

Coach
the other interesting thing in all this is where does it leave Coote.Moylan is a better fullback and link man and cap wise a far better option

Abacus

Juniors
We don't need much, we'll have enough talent elsewhere.

Gee this sort of comment worries me. Isn't this identical to the attitude of the previous administration that has been condemned over the past couple of years? Lewis, Jennings, Gordon, Civoniceva, Waterhouse. Plenty of talent but not where any team really needs it - in the halves.

For the record, I'm not opposed to signing Wallace however I'd like to see John & Moylan extended for 2 & 3 years respectively (assuming Moylan is off contract this year). John has shown enough in his 1st 2 matches for the Panthers with some of the things he did last night being beautiful to watch, to be resigned ASAP. Especially with the lack of quality halves in the NRL. It was evident when our back line played through John last night it was much more fluent than playing through Walsh. The case for resigning Moylan is obvious.

Resign John & Moylan, sign Wallace & with Soward, Coote, Capewell, Austin & Humble already on board for 2014, panthers will have some real depth in the halves for the 1st time in a long time.

PinkPanther

Juniors
the other interesting thing in all this is where does it leave Coote.Moylan is a better fullback and link man and cap wise a far better option
Coote will probably play on the bench and play a Mortimer like role. I suspect that Gus told Coote that he won't be resigned for 2015.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
OK what a disaster this will be. Id prefer Soward and John.

So Guys and Girls Twit @gusgould91 We do not want Wallace in the side.

People power can prevent this. So start twitting for the sack of the club

maple_69

Bench
Hmm seems an odd signing. Would rather Williams but assuming since he's not the most popular guy he can play a bit part in 2014 and maybe we can have a crack at Johnson still for 2015.
On John and Moylan. Theyve been great so far but I think we need to see them perform over a couple more months before we lock them up. We've prematurely signed guys on a few great performances before and it hasn't ended well. I'd rather we pay an extra 10k in 2 months when we're sure of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts