What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
After yesterday I wouldn't be going anywhere near Williams unless he wants to half his asking price. Ordinary.

Karnivayne

Juniors
After yesterday I wouldn't be going anywhere near Williams unless he wants to half his asking price. Ordinary.

I rated him moderately high after seeing a couple of games with Canberra but after watching him in 2 Mounties games he has been very average, somewhat like Drinkwater, has potential but more people clutching at straws hoping that they will be the guys that will rise up and lead the team.

I don't see Williams being the answer even at half price, Canberra can keep him.

Shocking yesterday. Offered nothing in attack and was weak in defence.

Wants 400-450k

This might be the reason for the Wallace rumours. I'd still love to see a young halfback beside Soward next year. Keary maybe ? Maybe even Moylan.

The asking price doesn't surprise me that much , there's such a dearth of halves.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I can see some merrit in us signing Wallace but for the life of me what's in it for Brisbane. Wallace is contracted until the end on next year. They are already losing Norman to Parra so why let another regular first grade half leave the club?

murraymob

Coach
looks like gus phoned every half in the phone book .There does not seem like there is one left we have not had talks with

maple_69

Bench
You guys should see what theyre saying about Johnson over in the Warriors forum. Sounds like Elliott could be ruining another half.
Like the Tigers, they are looking like they may need a complete re-build. Johnson may not be so far fetched.

Panfas

Juniors
I remember when Wallace signed with Brisbane the outcry from the Penrith fans was amazing. I have never seen so much anger towards the club because of a player leaving. Now almost nobody wants him back

Panfas

Juniors
Also FWIW, I think Wallace will be a good signing for the club, especially partnered with Soward. Yes, he is no star but it is better than what we have now

1. Moylan - Strong alround support player
6. Soward - Kicking and can get the ball out to the backline
7. Wallace - All he needs to do is keep the ship steady
9. Segeyaro - This will be our central attacking option, especially with second phase play

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember when Wallace signed with Brisbane the outcry from the Penrith fans was amazing. I have never seen so much anger towards the club because of a player leaving. Now almost nobody wants him back

He was 21 at the time and looked promising. Much like if Moylan was to leave at Seasons end. If we had no Soward the mood would be different. We have the calm head we have lacked though need spark with him. Wallace maybe decent at hooker but not 7

chrisD

Coach
Just need a pure ball player. I don't even think we need a marshaler, The 9 handles that mid set, Soward at back of the sets. Just someone who can set the backline on one side of the field and back their own ball playing or running on the line. Wallace is just pedestrian.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just need a pure ball player. I don't even think we need a marshaler, The 9 handles that mid set, Soward at back of the sets. Just someone who can set the backline on one side of the field and back their own ball playing or running on the line. Wallace is just pedestrian.

That's the way I see it. If we are coming out of our own half and need a good kick Soward will do it. So doesn't even need a good kicking game

Status
Not open for further replies.