What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I think the difference with Segeyaro is that the other three mentioned were already well established First Graders/Rep players except Maloney who was not a Rep Player.

Segs was a bench player with the Cowboys who while good got limited time on the field.

Since he has come to us Segs has become an established good First Grader who next year will be our number one Hooker. He is someone that can win a game for us by the way he plays.

He has also become a player that other clubs will definitely chase once his contract is up, I dont think I heard about any other club chasing him when we signed him.

That is why I think he is buy of the year, the other three were always going to be good for whichever club got them, we bought Segs hoping he would fulfill his potential which he has done in leaps and bounds.

Just my opinion.

betcats

Referee
I think the difference with Segeyaro is that the other three mentioned were already well established First Graders/Rep players except Maloney who was not a Rep Player.

Segs was a bench player with the Cowboys who while good got limited time on the field.

Since he has come to us Segs has become an established good First Grader who next year will be our number one Hooker. He is someone that can win a game for us by the way he plays.

He has also become a player that other clubs will definitely chase once his contract is up, I dont think I heard about any other club chasing him when we signed him.

That is why I think he is buy of the year, the other three were always going to be good for whichever club got them, we bought Segs hoping he would fulfill his potential which he has done in leaps and bounds.

Just my opinion.

Hmm He has been a great buy but its hard to go past the Roosters three just based on the Roosters form to start the season. I mean in all seriousness Seggy is still on the bench for us, undeserved maybe but he is still there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hmm He has been a great buy but its hard to go past the Roosters three just based on the Roosters form to start the season. I mean in all seriousness Seggy is still on the bench for us, undeserved maybe but he is still there.

Yeah but there's 3 of them. Choose just 1 and maybe but 3 can't be buy of the season

betcats

Referee
Yeah but there's 3 of them. Choose just 1 and maybe but 3 can't be buy of the season

Well im saying pretty much anyone of them could be it. Moreso Maloney and SBW but Jennings has been playing very well.

Maloney has become their dominant half and has seriously entered origin contention.

SBW is a freak of nature and probably the best backrower in the game.

Jennings is one of the best attacking centres in the game and is now defending like one best defensive centres and playing more consistently.

I dont think you can rule them out just because they made three great buys.

Segeyaro definately has a case for the award but he is still on the bench and our form can't touch the roosters this season..anyway thats just my opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
Where did you hear this??

All rumours til it's offically announced but it's doing the rounds. The City v Country weekend. 5 that played v Parra were told we would look elsewhere before possibly re-signing them so best to look elsewhere.

Kingston,
Walsh ( Not off contract but will get released)
Newton
Simmons
Smith

Ciraldo was told but was injured so. Since then Simmons and Walsh have stepped up but Kingston's has been confirmed

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Well im saying pretty much anyone of them could be it. Moreso Maloney and SBW but Jennings has been playing very well.

Maloney has become their dominant half and has seriously entered origin contention.

SBW is a freak of nature and probably the best backrower in the game.

Jennings is one of the best attacking centres in the game and is now defending like one best defensive centres and playing more consistently.

I dont think you can rule them out just because they made three great buys.

Segeyaro definately has a case for the award but he is still on the bench and our form can't touch the roosters this season..anyway thats just my opinion.

Fair enough you can have such an opinion. I see it as if you take out 1 the other 2 still inprove the side. So without a 'dominant' buy of the season it's hard to judge.

So RLW are saying manly have somehow breached DCE contract which means he may be available. He's being linked to Brisbane.

But that's someone I would be throwing a boatload of cash at.

Btw , the same RLW article is saying 'panthers insiders are confident Wallace will accept an offer to return to the panthers soon"

This was published today.

betcats

Referee
If we miss Thurston and Carney, take Soward from the Dragons giving them room for Widdop, and then take Wallace from Brisbane only for them to get DCE I will not be happy.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think we all need to take a breath, stop listening to all theses crazy rumours, worst case scenario, with have
1.Moylan
6.Soward
7.John
9.Segs

I for one am happy with that. Anything more is a bonus. DCE is a crazy romour. Johnson is contracted for next year as is Benji. Lets assume the above is what we have for next year and build on that.

betcats

Referee
Brisbane have the room for DCE with or without Wallace.

How do you know?

Either way if we take Brisbanes average half from them only for them to get the best young halfback in the game I will not be happy.

I was pretty happy with the Soward siging even after Widdop was announced to the dragons, but Wallace is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts