What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

meek

Juniors
How do you know?

Either way if we take Brisbanes average half from them only for them to get the best young halfback in the game I will not be happy.

I was pretty happy with the Soward siging even after Widdop was announced to the dragons, but Wallace is another story.

IF true that will do me as the saying goes
If you Have watched bronco games since Lockyer left
Wallace has been Shite
Surely Ivan and co cant be watching the same player i am
No creativity - can tackle thats it-
If they resign him that IMO would be a big step backwards -
dont care what people say abt Walsh he has more creativity in his big toe than wallace and thats saying some thing.
Anyhow time will tell i guess - I just hope NOT

How do you know?

Either way if we take Brisbanes average half from them only for them to get the best young halfback in the game I will not be happy.

I was pretty happy with the Soward siging even after Widdop was announced to the dragons, but Wallace is another story.

According to all the fans over on the Brisbane boards they have plenty of cap space. Which makes sense if you look at their roster.

DCE is from Brisbane as well. So it makes sense he would be linked to them.

I think we all need to take a breath, stop listening to all theses crazy rumours, worst case scenario, with have
1.Moylan
6.Soward
7.John
9.Segs

I for one am happy with that. Anything more is a bonus. DCE is a crazy romour. Johnson is contracted for next year as is Benji. Lets assume the above is what we have for next year and build on that.

We've seen John play in two matches , and at 5/8. For the life of me I can't see how you could be happy with that.

We need to sign a proper halfback , possibly even 2.

franklin2323

Immortal
We've seen John play in two matches , and at 5/8. For the life of me I can't see how you could be happy with that.

We need to sign a proper halfback , possibly even 2.

He's a half you tube some of him from Warriors days. He was over taken by Johnson I won't hold that against him.

If we are getting rid of Walsh then yeah we need another 2 for sure but I am not so sure he will go. He seems to be liked by the coaches for some reason. Atleast 1 more besides John

He's a half you tube some of him from Warriors days. He was over taken by Johnson I won't hold that against him.

If we are getting rid of Walsh then yeah we need another 2 for sure but I am not so sure he will go. He seems to be liked by the coaches for some reason. Atleast 1 more besides John

Yeah , but my point was we've only seen him at 5/8. We can't be confident he'll be able to handle the extra touches required of a 7.

murraymob

Coach
Yeah , but my point was we've only seen him at 5/8. We can't be confident he'll be able to handle the extra touches required of a 7.

every footballer has to start with 1 or 2 games.Fact is there are no decent players on the market.John has this season to show what he can do.I believe he will get better the more he plays .At worst he has shown he is worth another contract

maple_69

Bench
I think John and Soward would compliment each other well.
John has a good running and passing game from what Ive seen while Soward has a great kicking and passing game. Im not sure how either would go in terms of organising the team but dont think we could discount either of them in that role at the monent.
Regardless of whether John is our first choice halfback, we need at least one more halfback for next year as depth or an improvement on John if available.
This is all assuming we are releasing Walsh. If he doesnt go I am fine with him being our backup halfback but dont think he would combine well with Soward as their games are too similar and we would be two dimensional.

With current players on the books Id like Soward/John. If John goes down bring Coote/Capewell in if Soward goes down bring Walsh/Capewell in.

I think we can work with something like that next year as our worst case scenario with the talent we'll have around them. If we can snare Johnson for 2015, Soward/Johnson would take us to contendors for sure.

every footballer has to start with 1 or 2 games.Fact is there are no decent players on the market.John has this season to show what he can do.I believe he will get better the more he plays .At worst he has shown he is worth another contract

Im not bagging John , just being realistic is all.

And there are potentially some good youngsters available at halfback. I think Keary is still a good chance to be released by souths. Townsend as well.

Whatever happens we need some sort of halfback for depth though.

Pomoz

Bench
Im guessing its probably this from the Lurker:
"Phil piles on the pain
Panthers boss Phil Gould has become an expensive pain for the Cronulla Sharks. Just a week after forcing the Sharks to pay an extra $120,000-a-year to keep five-eighth Todd Carney, Gould is now chasing boom back-rower Tyrone Peachey. Peachey made a stunning first grade debut against the Raiders last week and has been a standout all year in Cronulla’s undefeated NSW Cup team that has won 11 straight. His manager Sam Ayoub has fielded offers from Penrith and two other clubs in recent weeks."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filewednesday-236203

Last edited:

PinkPanther

Juniors
@gusgould91
A little bird tells me @PenrithPanthers will have an announcement tomorrow .. I'd be checking out the website around midday #pantherpride

So going off his tweet, we have most likely signed someone. Hopefully it's not Wallace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts