What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther Pete

Juniors
So now that Wallace isn't signing with us, should we still hunt for a half or do we rely on Isaac John & co?

I don't want them to buy a half just for the sake of it ie Wallace. I think between Coote, Soward and John we should be sweet for a year then have a crack at Johnson.

I don't want them to buy a half just for the sake of it ie Wallace. I think between Coote, Soward and John we should be sweet for a year then have a crack at Johnson.

I think we need a half back no matter what.

All the options we have for next year ( presuming Walsh is definitely gone) none of them are genuine halfbacks.

Soward - a much more natural 5/8 than an organising half.
Coote - has only played a handful of games at 5/8 , let alone halfback which will require much more ball time.
Isaac John - looked good , but again at 5/8 and its only been 2 games FFS.

We need a genuine halfback.

You could even make a strong argument we need to sign two IMO.

Frederick

Staff member
In yesterdays game Gus was saying that Bennett has a player that has talent and needs to be playing regular NRL. Was that player Kevin ? if so than he must be saying this cos he signed that player

Gus was telling a story about when Anthony griffin cut gagai, griffin rang Gould to let him know about him and said Gould should make him an offer

mxlegend99

Referee
Kevin Naiqama would be good ontop of a halfback though..

1. Moylan
2. Naiqama / T. Robinson
3. Roberts
4. Whare
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7. Williams / Johnson / Townsend etc. as targets. John if we miss out and he keeps up his form

Some serious speed there with Roberts and Naiqama/Robinson. We have a metre eater in Mansour who would also barge his way over for a few tries with the service of Whare IMO. So I think with that 1-6 we have plenty of points in us before we even get a halfback. Throw in any competent and consistent 7 with good go forward and service from Segs. It would be hard not to do a decent job. Only way would be if they did the old inside ball for hitups everytime and starved our backs of the ball.

franklin2323

Immortal
But the ratio is significantly higher on FB.

Most of the 'FB' fans never watch a game. It's the nature of it A fan can have players or the club on their FB.

That fan's sister then sees the picture & 'oh he's cute I will add him'. Or A player does an appearance at the school he seems nice they add him or the club.

Everything then goes on the newsfeed of that person. They comment despite not knowing a thing about what they are commenting on.

Compare to here or the old PI you need to come here & go through the threads to read the news. Weeds 90% dropkicks out.

franklin2323

Immortal
First I've heard about Jennings leaving.

Yeah. Gone whether it was right to punt Michael or not. They live together he would be saying stuff like you get good earn a good contract. Someone new comes in wants money cleared up so punts you with 3 years left. Of course George wont stay neither will Robert.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes FB is full of f**wits who know absolutely nothing about the game. They get on there and bag everything the club is doing and constantly moan about the most ridiculous things.

One idiot was saying how by getting rid of him we are getting rid of a local and original player??? WTF.

I think most people on here agree that KK time has come and he is to slow now to be of benefit to the team. At least they are honest and giving him a chance to find another club.

We will have plenty of options for Hooker next year and Segeyaro needs to be the starting hooker, at the moment I think if we can hang on till Segeyaro comes onto the field we should be right.

Segeyaro is by far the buy of the season in the entire NRL IMO.

Segeyaro is contracted till the end of 2015, cant see him going anywhere for awhile.

Last edited:

The OX

Juniors
SBW I could agree on being another great signing, but it is only a matter of time before he has a brain fart and throw the toys out of the cot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts