What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
I can fit everyone in if we don't sign Peachey and lose Austin. At least until someone is injured and Cartwright comes into first grade and can't be removed.

1. Moylan
2. Robinson
3. Mansour/Roberts
4. Whare
5. Mansour/Roberts
6. Soward
7. ??????/John/Evans
8. Grant
9. Brown
10. McKendry
11. Manu
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Segs
15. Kite
16. Plum
17. Robinson

but I'd rather Austin than Taylor. If we have Peachey I'd guess he takes Brown's spot in my team above as the hooker/backrower double and Brown pushes Taylor to the bench and Plum or Robinson miss out. Personally I'd take Plum on the bench over Kite but I doubt that will be happening.

Forgot about Coote, fancy that.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Spoke with Austin on Saturday out at st marys, got the impression Penrith don't want him. He definitely hasn't signed with anyone else. And he dosnt need an operation, should be back in about 4 weeks. Cant understand the peachy rumour though, if you don't know where Austin fits in, then where would peachy. Would much rather keep a Penrith junior, seems a weird signing to me.

That's what I said in another thread. He didn't sound too confident he would stay

franklin2323

Immortal
I can fit everyone in if we don't sign Peachey and lose Austin. At least until someone is injured and Cartwright comes into first grade and can't be removed.

1. Moylan
2. Robinson
3. Mansour/Roberts
4. Whare
5. Mansour/Roberts
6. Soward
7. ??????/John/Evans
8. Grant
9. Brown
10. McKendry
11. Manu
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Segs
15. Kite
16. Plum
17. Robinson

but I'd rather Austin than Taylor. If we have Peachey I'd guess he takes Brown's spot in my team above as the hooker/backrower double and Brown pushes Taylor to the bench and Plum or Robinson miss out. Personally I'd take Plum on the bench over Kite but I doubt that will be happening.

Forgot about Coote, fancy that.

Yeah I would of had Austin in my team all year anyway but there's plenty around the squad with the Moylan fiasco they may put Cartwright, Foster etc in the squad just incase

chrisD

Coach
Yeah fitting in the 25 might be an issue, as John will likely be there and Evans would be ideal to have there too. But then by next season they may have fixed the rules.

murraymob

Coach
We can have 30 in our first grade squad if we choose as long as it is under the cap as long as we dont go over the cap value The make up of the squad will be interesting as cartwright and gillard campbell would be there Evans may not as he may be a season away from challanging for first grade

Big Mick

Referee
Good to see the Mole reads my twitter feed about Peachey. lol.

Peachey will play either in the centres or off the bench imo. Same with Blake Austin if retained.

Big Mick

Referee
Peachey imo is a better prospect & player than Austin right now and going forward.

That's just me potentially but from what I've seen of both that's my opinion.

I'd obviously like to keep Austin but I dunno.

Apparently Harry Seijka has been released by the Warriors? Would Panthers welcome him back or let him go to ESL or another club lacking a half like the Broncos or Cowboys?

betcats

Referee
Seijka...I dunno, despite being upset when we released him I dont really want him back. It sounds like Evans and Scarlett are both good prospects, which is all Harry ever was. As well as that we have Soward coming and John playing really well atm, I dont see the need for another depth half.

betcats

Referee
Also just read on the Panther facebook we have re signed Plum and Docker. Good news.

Edit: Both 2 year contracts.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
Heard a rumour you blokes are going to sign Kurt Baptiste. Would be a good foil for Segyaro.

Big Mick

Referee
If we get rid of Humble and Capewell for him and Austin to pair in the halves for Windsor...or with Evans...yeah sure.

But not at the expense of John.

betcats

Referee
If we get rid of Humble and Capewell for him and Austin to pair in the halves for Windsor...or with Evans...yeah sure.

But not at the expense of John.

+1

Would definately loose Capewell or Humble and take Seijka, but like Mick said not at the expense of John.

Status
Not open for further replies.