What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure why we would go for Prior... he wouldn't crack first grade for us. Our pack is pretty much set now.

8. Grant
9. Segayaro
10. Kite / Plum
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Docker

14. Plum / Kite
15. McKendry
16. Robinson
17. Taylor

Depth from Jeremy Latimore, Mose Masoe (if he stays), Anthony Cherrington, Vaipuna Tia Kilifi, Sam Anderson, Ryan Simpkins, Kyle O'Donnell, Bryce Cartright etc.

Our forward pack is pretty much set. Plenty of competition, most of it is quality. Honestly I think most of our team has picked itself for 2014, and barring a star signing or quality half there's probably no one available that we would need or would alter our roster.

Iafeta

Referee
The kid has talent....but not enough mongrel.

Geez you'd must be feeling pretty avg getting laid off by a M.E coached team.
I mean if you can't make it in the current warriors side....you may as well start applying for Maccas.

To bad really as I thought he had something.

Quit having a tug champ. He's behind two Kiwis internationals. And doing himself no favours by performing poorly in reserve grade. Carlos Tuimavave would be in front of him as well as far as halves go.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Quit having a tug champ. He's behind two Kiwis internationals. And doing himself no favours by performing poorly in reserve grade. Carlos Tuimavave would be in front of him as well as far as halves go.

Thanks for the input.

Now jog on.

Big Mick

Referee
Given the demands from Sam Williams (Dragons) and Chad Townsend (Warriors) I believe for Penrith the only real options available are either Peter Wallace or wait for Shaun Johnson (unless Sam Tomkins comes and then maybe an early release).

I don't believe Souths would release Luke Keary. I would hope so but I doubt it.

Just please no Ben Roberts.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Given the demands from Sam Williams (Dragons) and Chad Townsend (Warriors) I believe for Penrith the only real options available are either Peter Wallace or wait for Shaun Johnson (unless Sam Tomkins comes and then maybe an early release).

I don't believe Souths would release Luke Keary. I would hope so but I doubt it.

Isaac John is better then Wallace, Williams and Townsend.

Stick with him unless Keary or Johnson become availble

ranga

Juniors
Got this from a good source ,Tyrone Roberts is on the outer ,Mullen does not like playing with him , Garth Brennan coached him and has a high opinion of him , Gower is going there .

meek

Juniors

Mick have you watched Wallace in the broncos games - he's absolute crap
offers nothing Nil ,zilch ,zero
IMO one of the main reasons for the Broncos poor form - a shithouse half in Wallace
And NO I wasn't one of the orginal desciples that behaved like gooses when he left - ive always thought he was crap .

ashton

Juniors
Got this from a good source ,Tyrone Roberts is on the outer ,Mullen does not like playing with him , Garth Brennan coached him and has a high opinion of him , Gower is going there .
Tyrone brother nikko is currently playing NYC for Penrith.

Big Mick

Referee
Mick have you watched Wallace in the broncos games - he's absolute crap
offers nothing Nil ,zilch ,zero
IMO one of the main reasons for the Broncos poor form - a shithouse half in Wallace
And NO I wasn't one of the orginal desciples that behaved like gooses when he left - ive always thought he was crap .

MEEK
Never said I wanted him
Just that he was an OPTION

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee

Double edged sword.

Part of me would jump at the chance if it were available and the other part of me wonders why a player like Mullen who appears to be a level-headed kid not like playing with him

Iafeta

Referee

What about 7 Soward, 6 John. Issac seems to have improved a lot TBF. He was a little submissive in his games at the Warriors. Handy, workmanlike, never really took control which he seems to have done well at Penrith. I think it'd work also in the fact I think Moylan looks to be a good organiser and a good ball player, so he can help John out a bit.

The big question for me is where you play Blake Austin. I rate him big time.

Good times ahead for Penrith I think.

soc123_au

Staff member
Iafeta, Austin's future is at lock. The big worry I have is if his body can handle it. He has had a tough run of injuries so far, hopefully that changes.

Iafeta

Referee
Good call soc. Got a little bit of Freddie in him. Goes to the line well, great late step and good ball skills. Big fan of Austin.

I know today's result wasn't what Penrith were looking for, but yours is the squad in the NRL that has the biggest potential to improve over the next 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.