What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
We play Taylor at lock.

Docker is going good but he aint as good as Taylor.

Guy is going to be a star (And already is an International) and is playing out of his skin.

He will be our starting lock next year and Docker will be on the bench at best. Harsh but imo best available pack is:

8. Grant
9. Segeyaro
10. Kite
11. Manu
12. Robinson
13. Taylor

14. McKendry
15. Plum
16. Docker
17. Brown

I have Brown coming on as a Dene Halatau style player for the Tigers in 2005. Able to fill in at hooker if needs be but mostly backrow and utility back.

Even with this I see Docker or Plum making way for Cartwright or VTK when they are ready.

I know we love the bash brothers right now but I wouldn't expect to see them together in the first team next year at full strength imo.

As for Peachey, from my understanding he was being signed as a potential centre, not necessarily a backrower.

But given James Roberts is hopefully among the re-signings that should have that covered.

Here is hoping Robert Jennings is among the re-signings too...

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah no question. Docker's great in defence but terrible in attack. Runs poor lines can't pass. Though at 22 will get so much better

Scotty03

Juniors
Yeah no question. Docker's great in defence but terrible in attack. Runs poor lines can't pass. Though at 22 will get so much better

I actually think his offense is getting better. Has been running nice lines of late and gets us going forward when we need it.

But understand everyones thoughts and probably agree.

8.Grant
9.Segz
10.Kite
11.Manu
12.Brown
13.Taylor

14.McKendry
16.Plum
17.Docker
16.M. Robinson

At least this way you're likely to have the bash brothers come in at the same time. Double whammy! :)

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I actually think his offense is getting better. Has been running nice lines of late and gets us going forward when we need it.

That will get better but for Round 1 Taylor's the better option. Docker can come on and belt them and keep improving his attack.

Scotty03

Juniors
That will get better but for Round 1 Taylor's the better option. Docker can come on and belt them and keep improving his attack.

100% agree. Was just saying I thought his attack is improving.

But agree that Taylor is ahead of him and should be starting #13 come Rnd 1.
Nice to not only have depth, but QUALITY depth.

First time in a long time.

franklin2323

Immortal

Agreed so much better then Ciraldo, Galea and co of seasons gone. I am not asking much from him too run better lines to gaps not to players and be able to do a simple draw and pass.

Big Mick

Referee

This is what I've been trying to tell people for a year when explaining what Gus is trying to do.

Now it appears everyone is seeing what it is being built.

Remember that Docker was brought in along with both Robinsons, Mansour, Simpkins etc as young guys with potential 2 years ago looking for a chance.

Those guys have taken it, we've added quality players and continue to do so and then on top of that have young guys pushing for spots.

Our Windsor team next year will be stacked.

We've wanted to be a team that is consistently making the finals and from next year I believe we can be that Brisbane/Melbourne style team who can afford to lose a player who is too expensive as we have someone in the pipeline just as good.

It's not just about superstars but also interchangeability in that if you lose someone, you can replace then without really skipping a beat.

We are on track for that imo.

Another announcement imminent from Gus on twitter

@gusgould91: I think the @PenrithPanthers may have another announcement to make .. Very excited about this one .. #stepbystep #pantherpride

Very excited ? Got to be peachey IMO.

murraymob

Coach
I think its bigger than a player signing. The oak fridge will make a return to the hill along with the grinning security guards

Big Mick

Referee
Fantastic signing.

Looks like my mail initially was right. Was getting worried there for a second lol

He'll be a great addition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.