What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIMEAST

Juniors
Well u guys give us shit about Matt Elliott so fair dinkum wait until 20 of the players in your top 25 are backrowers with Cleary lol backrowers become props, backrowers become centres and backrowers become more backrowers

betcats

Referee
Well u guys give us shit about Matt Elliott so fair dinkum wait until 20 of the players in your top 25 are backrowers with Cleary lol backrowers become props, backrowers become centres and backrowers become more backrowers

Elliot can top that easy.

In his only finals game for us he played Adrian Purtell, who had played wing exclusively(and very poorly) for us in the backrow.

Doomednow

Bench

We give you sympathy, not shit. I bet Purtell is packing his bags right now.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who have we signed?

Haven't signed anybody. This latest 'signing' is most probably the recent tweet from the journo Neil Evans who appeared to talking about the Mateo rumours.

The next big news will be in relation to Thurston and whether he is coming or not? My mail says he is.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Haven't signed anybody. This latest 'signing' is most probably the recent tweet from the journo Neil Evans who appeared to talking about the Mateo rumours.

The next big news will be in relation to Thurston and whether he is coming or not? My mail says he is.

There airways seems to be mail about JT, guess we'll see who has the best source soon enough.

mxlegend99

Referee
Thurston would be a very slim chance at coming to the Panthers IMO. Even with our offer no doubt being the best one on the table... he seems pretty happy where he is and the Cowboys have a better team then we do at the moment.

I just hope that once we have one big name on board, that it helps us with our other targets. I figure if we sign Thurston or Mateo, that adding to the quality recruits would get a little easier. Would love to see our 2014 side looking something like this:

1. Kevin Locke
2. James Roberts
3. Dean Whare
4. Josh Morris
5. Josh Mansour
6. Johnathon Thurston (c) / Todd Carney
7. Sam Williams / Michael Morgan
8. Sika Manu
9. James Segayaro
10. Tim Grant (c)
11. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Blake Austin

14. Lewis Brown
15. Sam McKendry
16. Mose Masoe
17. Matt Robinson / Adam Docker

18. Adam Docker / Matt Robinson
19. Kyle O'Donnell
20. Moses Pangai
21. Jeremy Latimore
22. Tom Humble
23. Nathan Smith
24. Tom Eisenhuth
25. Geoff Daniela
26. George Jennings
27. Nigel Plum

I think we currently have a top squad of 30, so the remaining 3 players can be cheap guys from either Windsor or the Under 20's. Depth is a little thin, but the top 17 is extremely strong and that depth is pretty close to the quality of what we have had to use as our full strength sides for a while now anyway.

I think we could recruit that sort of quality in our spine if we can get rid of Coote or McKendry and not have to cover their ridiculous contracts like we did with Michael Jennings. The difficult part is getting players to leave clubs they are happy at.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Thurston would be a very slim chance at coming to the Panthers IMO. Even with our offer no doubt being the best one on the table... he seems pretty happy where he is and the Cowboys have a better team then we do at the moment.

I just hope that once we have one big name on board, that it helps us with our other targets. I figure if we sign Thurston or Mateo, that adding to the quality recruits would get a little easier. Would love to see our 2014 side looking something like this:

1. Kevin Locke
2. James Roberts
3. Dean Whare
4. Josh Morris
5. Josh Mansour
6. Johnathon Thurston (c) / Todd Carney
7. Sam Williams / Michael Morgan
8. Sika Manu
9. James Segayaro
10. Tim Grant (c)
11. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Blake Austin

14. Lewis Brown
15. Sam McKendry
16. Mose Masoe
17. Matt Robinson / Adam Docker

18. Adam Docker / Matt Robinson
19. Kyle O'Donnell
20. Moses Pangai
21. Jeremy Latimore
22. Tom Humble
23. Nathan Smith
24. Tom Eisenhuth
25. Geoff Daniela
26. George Jennings
27. Nigel Plum

I think we currently have a top squad of 30, so the remaining 3 players can be cheap guys from either Windsor or the Under 20's. Depth is a little thin, but the top 17 is extremely strong and that depth is pretty close to the quality of what we have had to use as our full strength sides for a while now anyway.

I think we could recruit that sort of quality in our spine if we can get rid of Coote or McKendry and not have to cover their ridiculous contracts like we did with Michael Jennings. The difficult part is getting players to leave clubs they are happy at.

That is very hopeful my friend.

mxlegend99

Referee
That is very hopeful my friend.
I think Thurston or Carney would be the hardest to recruit, with both being happy where they are and having had plenty of big offers thrown at them. The others are reasonable expectations IMO. If not those players, similar quality ones atleast.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Thurston or Carney would be the hardest to recruit, with both being happy where they are and having had plenty of big offers thrown at them. The others are reasonable expectations IMO. If not those players, similar quality ones atleast.[/QUOTE

Carney had his chance and turned us down I wouldn't waste time on him. He is not worth the money and too inconsistent. Thurston on the other hand is a champion, all class, a winner and still have some good years ahead of him much like Lockyer who still did the business at 34 -35. Thurston can do a similar job for us on and off the field. Whether he is worth risking up to $1M that is the only concern. I can certainly understand those who may be of the opinion there may be and younger and cheaper options out there who may do nearly as good a job for us.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think Thurston or Carney would be the hardest to recruit, with both being happy where they are and having had plenty of big offers thrown at them. The others are reasonable expectations IMO. If not those players, similar quality ones atleast.

Well I sure hope you're right!!!!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Josh Morris would be a massive signing, is that even an option, he was the best centre running around last season.

Sleep

Juniors
I don't rate Josh Morris. He's a blackhole. Anytime the ball gets to him it's not going anywhere else.

He's still questionable in defense as well.

He had a good season last year but he's overrated. I'd rather we didn't trade one over paid centre for another. We desperately need some halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts