What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't rate Josh Morris. He's a blackhole. Anytime the ball gets to him it's not going anywhere else.

He's still questionable in defense as well.

He had a good season last year but he's overrated. I'd rather we didn't trade one over paid centre for another. We desperately need some halves.
Not as good as jenko was, but he is more consistent. I dont think he would be all that expensive either. But i guess it depends how many clubs are in the market for a centre. I just saw him in the off contract list on zerotackle and thought he is a good player that doesnt seem to have drawn much interest from clubs. Atleast in the media. So he might be a reasonable price.

soc123_au

Staff member
I reckon Morris will attract a bit of interest. I hope we go budget on the outside backs & save it all for halves. We could probably do with another genuine front rower as well.

Kilkenny

Coach
A quality half or five eight is our number one priority now. I like Mateo as as a player but I am not sure we need any more back rowers and surely recruiting more is only going to restrict opportunities for some of our juniors such as VTK, Austin, Cartwright etc. I don't think there is too much substance to the Mateo rumours.

soc123_au

Staff member
Mateo can play five eighth

He can, but probably shouldnt. He is much better in the back row. Luke Lewis could also play 5/8th but no one would sign him on the big bucks to exclusively play in that position. To pay Mateo the money he would command to play him in the halves would be a mistake. It would be a big name signing just for the sake of signing a big name.

Iafeta

Referee
What a team loses by moving Feleti to 5/8th is he is also a strong, go forward, hit up man. He'll get you 100-120m a game on the edge in the backrow. However, his last game there, the Warriors held a fairly impressive first half lead, Feleti did a very good job creating things for his outside men. In other words, if you don't have a good 5/8th, Feleti can do a good job there. If you have an option though, put him int he backrow where he'll create yardage and his ball skills will create opportunities.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I am keeping an eye on the Townsville Bulletin, surprisingly a lot of Cowboys fans are saying let Thurston go he is not worth the money to the Cowboys. They seem to be more concerned about signing the other 18 players the Cowboys have coming off contract at the end of 2013.

soc123_au

Staff member
It is nice to dream, but Thurston, Carney & Mateo would be a nice trio to pick up. While we are at it we could grab Sam Williams for depth & grooming for when JT pulls up stumps. Make that happen Gus & I will personally start casting the statue!

soc123_au

Staff member
If we were told "here you go we have TC, JT & SW all busting to be Panthers but you could only have 2" I would go SW & JT.

soc123_au

Staff member
We will get linked to every player off contract regardless of whether we have shown interest or not.

Panfas

Juniors
1. Roberts
6. Thurston
7. Williams
9. Segeyaro
13. Mateo

That right there has the potential to win the premiership in 2014. Could be the most electric spine in the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.