What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkbloom

Juniors
Be great if he does because there is nothing surer than he will be forced to buy a bunch of tickets and walk around the ground handing them out as an act of repentance for a misdemeanour - a-la-Jennings.

Big Mick

Referee
No thank you.

We just got rid of the problem children why the hell bring another one in.

Given Gus's article about Dugan a few days ago...I doubt we'll be in the market.

Just be ready guys...player managers know we have money to spend so we'll be like Parra and the Dogs and linked to every single player off-contract. Take it with a grain of salt.

Panfas

Juniors
IF we are linked to Dugan, it would be for this year, and quite possibly for match payments. That could be worth it, but not sure if I would want him for next year and onwards for big bucks

Panfas

Juniors
lol and imagine if we did get Dugan he would be in the same team as Coote, the player he was competing with for all the Junior fullback gigs (Aus schoolboys etc). Quite funny

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure if there is anything in it, but we have been linked to Josh Dugan.

I assumed we would, considering we appear to have some cash after missing Thurston.

No quotes I would say it's just the media making it up as we have money.

The JT was very different to 99% of other players in the comp

franklin2323

Immortal
Just be ready guys...player managers know we have money to spend so we'll be like Parra and the Dogs and linked to every single player off-contract. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yep. No quotes are a sign it's BS.

The funny thing is the money for JT was 3rd party. If we had any actual decent reporters they would realise that.

Given we know that's hacks trawl places like this for ideas. Here's some facts for them:

Aboriginal welfare officer, Run the halfback academy, Fox sports ranks Jt's pull bring in extra 15% viewers this is the reason 9 were going to give him a deal.

No one ticks those 3 boxes so take off $600k off that deal and you get our cap position. Still have money but not as much as people think

darkbloom

Juniors
No thank you.

We just got rid of the problem children why the hell bring another one in.

Given Gus's article about Dugan a few days ago...I doubt we'll be in the market.

Unless Gus has changed his spots dramatically Dugan's talent will be by far the strongest consideration. Whatever other issues Dugan may have will be seen as controllable or manageable until it is proven that it is neither.

age.s

First Grade
Gus' comments were pretty tame really. Just a few lines about lack of commitment and lack of respect and any administrator signing Dugan while blind to his issues probably doesn't belong in the job. Dugan will have to clean himself up to get a run anywhere but if he does that we're as good a shot as any.

Whether we need another fullback is a different question.

Big Mick

Referee
Phil Gould ‏@gusgould91
Note: Panthers are not, and never have been, in the market to sign Josh Dugan. Media reports suggesting otherwise are totally incorrect

Enough now?

maple_69

Bench
Refreshing to see Gould come out over the last few years and dispel rumours at times. Not consistent butimproving. In years gone past we would have been bandied about for weeks before he eventually signed with Easts.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Phil Gould ‏@gusgould91
Note: Panthers are not, and never have been, in the market to sign Josh Dugan. Media reports suggesting otherwise are totally incorrect

Enough now?

Thank God, he is a massive Tool, I'd hate to have to cheer for him!!

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I am a bit confused by Phil Goulds comment that we are done for recruiting now and that we will be concentrating on retention only now???? Where is the 1/2 or 5/8 we should be chasing???

maple_69

Bench
Maybe the view is unless there is a truly top flight half who could make a guaranteed difference to the team (eg Thurston) they won't go after a half who is a maybe/gamble.

Or Gould is foxing. We have money to spend.

Big Mick

Referee
Last year Gould said we essentially couldn't buy anyone...and look what we did.

I'd say he is just trying to settle the market down and then go out and spend on value/targeted players.

Last thing I want these guys to do is throw stupid money at someone like a Sam Williams. If it isn't going to be a $250-300k contract he aint worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts