What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkie73

Bench
Hearing rumours that you guys are on the verge of signing Sam Williams from the Raiders as a replacement for Walsh who'll be leaving at the end of the season to play ESL.

Happy to report that I'm also hearing that Carney has signed with the Sharks but they're waiting until the Raiders game to announce it... So you can all stop talking about him and getting me worried.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given the age difference. I would actually prefer Williams like you know Soward will control most of the play. So he can get comfortable and them be the leader when Soward retires

chrisD

Coach
Carney has carried teams to finals on his back, Williams is deservedly stuck behind McCrone in reggies. I'd take Johnson over both but Williams is by far my least preferred, as he hasn't actually proven he's of consistent first grade quality.

Big Mick

Referee
To me Williams is better long term than Carney and is better suited pairing with Soward than Carney.

Obviously Carney is a quality player but I am not fussed if we lose out on him.

franklin2323

Immortal
To me Williams is better long term than Carney and is better suited pairing with Soward than Carney.

Obviously Carney is a quality player but I am not fussed if we lose out on him.

I am the same Soward will be 30 next year. 34 when he finishes
Carney 28 next year. 33 when he finishes 12 months later.

We can get Williams 23 next year by the time Soward retires he is 27 and can be the lead guy for 4-5 years more.

Same with Townsend we have the experience. I would rather young to build up with him

murraymob

Coach
Not sure why all the love for Johnson. While he has potential he is not exactly setting the warriors on fire.Same as Carney make avoffer but continue to develop Scarlette We have the junior talent and soward coming for 4 years things are not that bad

chrisD

Coach
Not sure why all the love for Johnson. While he has potential he is not exactly setting the warriors on fire.Same as Carney make avoffer but continue to develop Scarlette We have the junior talent and soward coming for 4 years things are not that bad

Scarlett won't be ready next season, probably more, and might be just another Harry/Nafe/Iosefa. I would like two first grade quality halves asap. Johnson is coached by Elliott, when he was coached by Cleary he was setting the world on fire.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I would be stoked with either Carney, Williams or Johnson to partner Sowie.

They all have positives and negatives. Sign any of those boys please Gus.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Don’t be surprised to see a massive twist in the Todd Carney saga, with the Melbourne Storm set to make a play for the Cronulla Sharks star.

With Carney’s Sharks deal in limbo as the ASADA investigation drags on, the Storm are considering making a late bid for his services. After Gareth Widdop’s departure to the St George Illawarra Dragons next season, the Storm have a vacancy at number six – and cash to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts