What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty03

Juniors
Quit having a tug champ. He's behind two Kiwis internationals. And doing himself no favours by performing poorly in reserve grade. Carlos Tuimavave would be in front of him as well as far as halves go.

Hahaha.. Yeah behind 2 Kiwi internationals, who are also out of form.

If he was ever going to get a shot at FG this was probably his year to push for a spot considering how up and down the Warriors have been. But as you said, has done himself no favours.

I honestly believe he'd kill it in ESL.

But don't pretend that the warriors are anything special. They have won a few games, ok. But still a very avg team - don't kid yourself CHAMP.

Scotty03

Juniors
With rumours Soward may end up playing for ESL for the rest of this season I'd DEF be ensuring that doesn't happen.

Suck it up Gus, put a few dollars on the table and get him over here this year!

Heard enough of this "it''ll disrupt the team" crap. He won't be doing anything that Walsh isn't doing now except getting a head start to gel with his future squad.

If we were to ask Soward to run every play like Walsh does now and not "disrupt" the current teams flow just ask him to Kick on the 5th and convert goals. Job done.

A change mid-year has worked for many players and teams. Why not us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes I would have no issues if he came across now, Walsh can always be let go early as well.

Walsh can't go. St Helens have no import room. We need them to take his remaining contract to have space.

Soward doesn't know any of the players that's the concern Off season is the best time for a half to come

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Gus was interviewed on 2UE this evening and was asked about Soward comming to the Panthers early. His reply was that they didnt want the current team disrupted and wanted Soward to have a full off-season to get to know the team. He didnt want to place extra preassure on Jamie to lift the team. He was happy for Soward to play in England in the meantime.

murraymob

Coach
Gus was interviewed on 2UE this evening and was asked about Soward comming to the Panthers early. His reply was that they didnt want the current team disrupted and wanted Soward to have a full off-season to get to know the team. He didnt want to place extra preassure on Jamie to lift the team. He was happy for Soward to play in England in the meantime.

was the moylan issue raised

BOMAR

Juniors
Spoke with Austin on Saturday out at st marys, got the impression Penrith don't want him. He definitely hasn't signed with anyone else. And he dosnt need an operation, should be back in about 4 weeks. Cant understand the peachy rumour though, if you don't know where Austin fits in, then where would peachy. Would much rather keep a Penrith junior, seems a weird signing to me.

Scotty03

Juniors
Spoke with Austin on Saturday out at st marys, got the impression Penrith don't want him. He definitely hasn't signed with anyone else. And he dosnt need an operation, should be back in about 4 weeks. Cant understand the peachy rumour though, if you don't know where Austin fits in, then where would peachy. Would much rather keep a Penrith junior, seems a weird signing to me.

Agree. Keep the penriff in penriff!

chrisD

Coach
Peachey can slot into dummy half better than Austin, Taylor or Brown, it's all I can see. We didn't need to sign Taylor, but that deal was done long ago I understand.

9. Peachey

14. Segs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts