What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could happen but good halves are very rare these days. I don't see the bunniess letting him go or letting him sign anywhere else without a fight.

And yes if Keary is as good as he is being made out to be then they will find a way to get him into fg, Sutton can play Backrow just as well. Pick Keary off the bench and transition them that way.

They're not going to change up their lineup in a year thats their best chance to win a premiership in 40+ years. Especially in such a critical position.

Sutton can obviously play lock , but its getting towards the money end of the season. You dont change up a position like 5/8 when you're at the top of the table unless 100% necessary.

They dont know how he's going to go at 5/8 in their line up until he gets regular game time there. That wont happen until next year ( unless there are injuries) And thats when other clubs will be able to put offers to him.

Despite some popular belief , 5/8 anf half back are still quite different postions. He may not even work in the 6 jersey. If thats the case , how hard are souths going to fight for him when they already have Reynolds?

Big Mick

Referee
According to RLW mole they are trying to move Siejka on.

LOL and remember when everyone lost their shit when he went to the Warriors.

From what I remember you didn't, and a handful of others.

But majority were like "WTF ARE U DOING!"

murraymob

Coach
The funny thing most of the people bagging letting harry go where from other clubs giving it to Gould.But it appears even ellioot can not make harry tackle

Scotty03

Juniors
The kid has talent....but not enough mongrel.

Geez you'd must be feeling pretty avg getting laid off by a M.E coached team.
I mean if you can't make it in the current warriors side....you may as well start applying for Maccas.

To bad really as I thought he had something.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Parra punting 12 players, I dont think we would want ANY of them, be interested to know what people think.

Fairfax Media says it?s been told that Maitua, Matt Keating, Ben Smith, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith, Pat O?Hanlon and Matthew Eisenhuth are among those on the way out.

I wouldn't be upset with Reni, but only if the price is right, the rest, nahhhh no thanks.

maple_69

Bench
O'hanlon would be my pick. Dont need him though so pass.
I think we may be seeing some benefits from bringing in players who have come from winning teams. Eels players won't help much there..

Kilkenny

Coach
LOL and remember when everyone lost their shit when he went to the Warriors.

From what I remember you didn't, and a handful of others.

But majority were like "WTF ARE U DOING!"

It's disappointing Harry Seijka didn't develop as we all hoped but funnily enough if the Warriors want to punt him why wouldn't we take the kid back. Nothing to lose really. No guarantees and if only he play for Windsor then so be it. We haven't yet announced a replacement for Walsh so there remains an opening for a number 7.

maple_69

Bench
They certainly seem to be stockpiling halves over there atm.
I wouldnt be against bringing Siejka back. Seems Keary is our only option left otherwise for next year. Id be keen for Gus to have a crack at Ray Thompson or Michael Morgan. Surely one will have to leave NQLD soon, regardless of them being signed up for a while yet.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thompson & Morgan aren't nessarily any better then we have.

Soward/John or Soward/Coote can be handy halves.

Depth wise Austin, Capewell, Humble, Foster.

Then you have Evans (who I think is our best half we have) wont be a regular half quality for another year but for a few games if injury strike.

Moylan can play halves also.

If we can't get Keary or Johnson yet. Townsend/Williams gone. Keep it how it is & go hard for Johnson.

Abacus

Juniors
Parra punting 12 players, I dont think we would want ANY of them, be interested to know what people think.

Fairfax Media says it?s been told that Maitua, Matt Keating, Ben Smith, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith, Pat O?Hanlon and Matthew Eisenhuth are among those on the way out.

I'd be happy enough to sign Luke Kelly & Nathan Smith for a couple of years each - particularly if we could get Parra to fund enough to sign them for 2nd tier money.

I rate Kelly - Parra's pack has been crap for a while so any half behind it is going to struggle.

The little bit I saw of Smith late last year I thought he showed a bit of promise - maybe needs to beef up a little bit but again would provide cover in a spine position.

Anyway with the way this episode was handled by Parra, I don't think that any of the players managers will be going out of their way to shift the players with minimal cost to Parra meaning potential bargain signings - just got to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Still like to see John, Travis & Plum extended before any new signings though.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes I agree, like to see couple of our own re-signed before anyone from outside now, especially Plum he has been great and deserves another contract.

Travis and Isaac John have also been good and at worst would be good backup, but I am hoping both continue to improve and become quality first graders for us.

John has shown some good glimpses of his potential so has Travis for that matter, they have the rest of the year to settle in I suppose and cement their spots.

They will only be dropped if their form warrants it so it is up to them both to stay where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts