What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Interresting, I wouldn't have thought the dogs were in the picture.

I just hope its something reasonable and we dont get too carried away in a bidding war based on last years form, we all saw what happened to Tim Smith in his second year.

parra pete

Referee
AND glimpses of it at the end of Tim's first year.
If the Panthers get Inu, the Eels should go after 'Snoopy' Collins..;-) That would at least make me and Stagger happy!!!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Lost his contract with the Tahs at end of last season. Played with 2 blues until recently. Was a backrower but I noticed him in the centres with Parra.

Has big feet (below).

Kid built to step into big shoes

Sitiveni-Mafi-6351587.jpg

Big ambitions ... Sitiveni Mafi will be hoping to fit his big frame into a Waratahs jersey next season. Source: The Sunday Telegraph
THIS is the emerging NSW Waratahs second-rower with feet to rival the famous flippers of Ian Thorpe.

Sitiveni Mafi, 18, takes a size 16 shoe. The 200cm Westfield Sports High product has stopped shopping for footwear because no-one stocks his size.
He could be just the person to help fill the big shoes left by the departure of the Waratahs' forward pillars Dan Vickerman and Rocky Elsom next year.
With his speed, footwork and athleticism, Mafi has been a stand-out in the Australian under-20s team and is tipped to progress to the Waratahs' senior ranks next season.
Mafi, of Tongan heritage, grew up in the western Sydney suburb of Fairfield. The 103kg second-rower has three brothers, two sisters and was born into a rugby league family.
"I struggle a bit when it comes to getting a pair of boots. In the shops they only keep up to size 14 or maybe 15,'' Mafi said.
"These days I don't go to the shops, I just ask the Parramatta club or the Waratahs to order them in for me. I was a 15 up until this year, but the last time I went in they didn't have any to fit.
"I'm still waiting to get some new boots for this season.''
New NSW coach Chris Hickey has kept a close watch on Mafi, who is known as "Steve'' to his team-mates, since he burst onto the scene with Parramatta.
While the Waratahs are well stocked for lineout jumpers with Dean Mumm and Will Caldwell, Mafi remains on course to become a Super 14 regular.
"I've been tracking Steve's progress since he was at school and he is certainly a player with considerable promise,'' Hickey said.
"If he can put on another 7kg of solid muscle and he's able to maintain his natural speed and athleticism, then the sky really is the limit.
"He's fast, mobile, strong, has great footwork and is a natural lineout jumper.
"The test will be how his frame handles it once he puts on some more muscle bulk. It's one thing to be able to put it on, but it's another to be able to carry it.''
Mafi has grown 3cm in the past 12 months and is expected to break through the 200cm barrier next year.
In a rare admission from a rugby union forward, Mafi said he enjoys playing on the wing, where he can showcase his speed.
"I'm hoping to get to the top, to the Wallabies. But for this year I just want to try and play some Super 14s,'' Mafi said.
"I'm happy playing second row or flanker.
"I actually enjoy the wing because you get a bit more room.
"I played fullback and centre in league as a kid, so I like the space,'' he added.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p-into-big-shoes/story-e6frey4i-1111118048355

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Good pickup. Would have came cheap and has very good potential
Any idea if he'll be part of trials? For Wenty I'm assuming

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
Page 9, RLW Feb 24, 2010

Nathan Cayless contemplating retirement in 2011 and will make his decision either way by the halfway point of the season.

Same article suggests that Inu is willing to take a paycut to remain with the Eels and that being forced to find a new club before the start of the season was untrue.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Inu seems to be fairly practical if thats true

he said he didn't want to leave and he is obviously aware that he is not setting the world on fire

Stagger eel

Staff member
Page 9, RLW Feb 24, 2010

Nathan Cayless contemplating retirement in 2011 and will make his decision either way by the halfway point of the season.

Same article suggests that Inu is willing to take a paycut to remain with the Eels and that being forced to find a new club before the start of the season was untrue.

tsk tsk Titan management wouldn't be happy with those comments..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.