What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Apparently it's too early to judge recruitment yet. Just wait and see, I have heard all will be revealed. Just be patient.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
true, the club are still hopeful of positive outcome there..

btw, I hear Horo and Grothe are very close re signing soon and there could be some news of them and other signings over the next few days god willing..lol

I was told through a source that they still believe that they have the situation with recruitment pretty much under control and other than Baz and Cronk (even though both wanted to come, situation beyond their control prevented that) they have not missed out on anyone they wanted to sign and with a alot of money to spend they still have some very good options.

btw, we apparently made an inquiry on Pritchard but laughed off his asking price which was apparently ridiculous. as far as I'm concerned I would rather Horo.

Are our options still looking good?

Eels Dude

Coach
Our youngest recruit is actually 18, or will be next year, but I see your point :)

I wasn't really making a point, just joking around with Maroubra's post. But just for the record who I consider as recruits I think of players with first grade experience and part of our top 25, though no harm Boxy :cool:

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah I was joking around too :)

For those that missed Staggs' earlier post by the way, we are still a chance at Orford, there's a whisper we may sign Chris Walker, and that's about it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's good news, thanks mate. Good to hear Pele is still hear, and also, Chris Walker would be good for depth (he plays centre right?).
Hopefully we do sign Orford.

you'd be brave man to put Walker in the centres, he's a winger of average standared.

Apparently it's too early to judge recruitment yet. Just wait and see, I have heard all will be revealed. Just be patient.

you can only be a smart arse for so long ME, but if it gets you through the day??

Are our options still looking good?

I would say no but given I shared that info that was given to me a couple of months back why not contact the club and get an update on our behalf?

strider

Post Whore
Yeah I was joking around too :)

For those that missed Staggs' earlier post by the way, we are still a chance at Orford, there's a whisper we may sign Chris Walker, and that's about it.
what about the poor people that miss this post? - you'll have to make another post for the people that missed the post about people who missed the earlier post .... don't want anyone missing out

Noise

Coach
what about the poor people that miss this post? - you'll have to make another post for the people that missed the post about people who missed the earlier post .... don't want anyone missing out

:lol::lol: Boxy has a lot on his plate!

boxhead

First Grade
To end the speculation going on about whether Casey Mcguire was signed or not;

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....al/tough-first-day-back-for-eels/1984883.aspx

Mortimer said the NRL squad had a short meeting with the club’s new mentor yesterday morning, and Kearney’s attitude had already become infectious.
“He was only here for a little while and then he had to jet back to camp with New Zealand in Melbourne,” Mortimer said.
“He basically came in and laid down the law. He said if everyone wants it as much as he does then the club would be successful.”
Mortimer said a number of new faces were at the club’s first session.
“A lot of the younger boys are training with us and guys like Casey Maguire and Carl Webb, the experienced guys, were all there,” he said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
that's what I thought, there was never any speculation regarding his signing..none that I know of all anyway.

boxhead

First Grade
I've seen a lot of people asking whether we had actually signed Casey, mostly on other sites but partially on this site as well. I wanted to clear it up so that people had the security of a proven answer.

Bigfella

Coach
There's obviously not much going on in the rumour business, so boxy has been busy confirming posts and stamping out non existent controversy.

Love your work boxy. Could you also please clear up the hot debate about whether steve Kearney will be the next coach?

Captain BF

Juniors
I'm not sure why so many people are annoyed with our recruitment. We have bought sh*tloads of experience. Casey McGuire has played over 200 games of top level league including 2 Origins. Carl Webb has played 180+ top level games including 15 Origins and 1Test for Australia. If we get Chris Walker, he has 150 top level games plus 6 Origins.

All 3 are looking for a chance to kick-start their respective careers, so should be hungry for an opportunity.

And then if we happen to snag Orford... Even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts