What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

Bench
Yes, the impression given late last year Inu & Mateo were going to be resigned. This was implied again earlier this year as well. Things changed. I thought they would stay on with reduced contracts because of the many close bonds they both have amongst players, particularly Hayne, and others around the club. This change was one of the many circumstances that added to the rifts between players, staff & management.

The coach told them 2 from the begining of the 2010 season that they where not in his plans.

Mateo and Inu were never a chance of staying.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I recall Mateo and Inu being aware fairly early on they weren't going to get new contracts and doing that video for the Eels website. The reality seemed to me that with Hayne's contract increase, he himself caused the circumstances where his club mates had to leave?

I've got no dramas with the coach/club making that call, as it seemed with an extra back in 2010 that we couldn't sustain everyone in the squad under the cap for 2011, and Inu started the year as the odd one out.

I would never have been comfortable with the club/coach paying $400K to keep Mateo based on what he produced one field.

Delboy

First Grade
Bart, yet again you are so far from the truth in that statement.

The reality was that DA did not want them , simple, nothing to do with Hayne, take your conspiracy theories somewhere else. Mate deadset, I don't know where you get some of them from.

bartman

Immortal
Just an opinion, and a simple mathematical calculation D.

If you're sitting right on the cap one year, and then you increase someone's pay, then you can't keep everyone else - you just have to let someone go (unless you are Melbourne).

DA chose who he didn't want in that scenario, I had no dramas with his choices at the time, or now when people seem to be seeking to tar his name and lay all the blame at his feet.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes, the impression given late last year Inu & Mateo were going to be resigned. This was implied again earlier this year as well. Things changed. I thought they would stay on with reduced contracts because of the many close bonds they both have amongst players, particularly Hayne, and others around the club. This change was one of the many circumstances that added to the rifts between players, staff & management.

You seem to claim a lot of things from sources none of which seem to turn out correct...

Jodeci

Bench
Bart, yet again you are so far from the truth in that statement.

The reality was that DA did not want them , simple, nothing to do with Hayne, take your conspiracy theories somewhere else. Mate deadset, I don't know where you get some of them from.

Thank you

Finally someone who can read between the lines.

ROGUE

Juniors
Fair enough, but who exactly renegotiated their contracts??? As the colonel pointed out they signed him for only about 150000 and let go a heap of players including Costigan and Jeremy Smith to fit him in for the following years.

Which player renegotiated their contract?

Noise no names were mentioned yet he states to me it's a 100% correct

Bigfella

Coach
Good decision too, as it turns out.

Masterstroke.

It not only produced the best out of those players, it inspired everyone around them and lifted the team and club morale to new levels, and really built on Anderson's career reputation and prospects.

Right up there with John Hewson deciding to campaign on GST, and Alan Bond buying Channel 9.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Masterstroke.

It not only produced the best out of those players, it inspired everyone around them and lifted the team and club morale to new levels, and really built on Anderson's career reputation and prospects.

Right up there with John Hewson deciding to campaign on GST, and Alan Bond buying Channel 9.

Good for you if you would have resigned them. I wouldn't.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mateo would of been nice to keep but at what cost? Inu is jsut a footballer-Nothing special in the last few years

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Masterstroke.

I agree that those two knowing they weren't going to be here for 2011 wasn't good for their form this year, and probably contributed to the team's poor morale.

But in the long term we're better off without them. Good call by Anderson (if indeed he was the one who made that call).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then again I can only go off what was in the media and I shouldn't believe a word they say.

Don't be a f**king child.

Media reporting is what drives our discussion; that's all we've got. But you can't use it to prove yourself right, or shut down anybody else.

So go ahead and quote media sources, but don't treat it like it's the final word on any of these arguments because there will be no final word. On anything.

We're always just going to have conjecture and hearsay, which is really half the fun.

boxhead

First Grade
Hmm......first it was Orford favoruite to join Eels, then Raiders, now it's mixed up again. :?

eels81236

Bench
Don't be a f**king child.

Media reporting is what drives our discussion; that's all we've got. But you can't use it to prove yourself right, or shut down anybody else.

So go ahead and quote media sources, but don't treat it like it's the final word on any of these arguments because there will be no final word. On anything.

We're always just going to have conjecture and hearsay, which is really half the fun.

Over-react much, champ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts