What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would say either Crocker or Asotasi will be given the flick...

and how do you suppose you flick players currently under contract? it's an age old argument that you need to pay players out and would count under the cap unless ofcourse other clubs are looking to buy them out..

Bigfella

Coach
I'd love the bunnies to get gi ...if they released iamsaac Luke to us to make it happen.

We could afford gi this year but prob not the following?

boxhead

First Grade
I can't help but applaud Rusty. The guy loves his club so much, it's great that he puts so much into it. Good on him.

eel01s

Bench
Maybe Inglis should ask Asotasi exactly what Crowe can do for him. Especially if Souths look to offload Asotasi!

Good on Souths though, remember Inglis didn't want a bar of any Sydney club just a few months ago. Funny how things change when it's only about the dollars.

eels81236

Bench
Boxy mate i believe manly could afford him and as jodeci has alluded too i wouldn't be surprised they made an offer....cos cherry evans is untested in 1st grade

All clubs can shuffle some figures and squeeze an extra player in somewhere if they really want/need to.

Manly cannot afford him and choose not to get in the ballpark of what anyone else is offering and it wouldn't be a multi year deal. Foran will be a superstar and cherry evans is considered more than capable of supporting him.

boxhead

First Grade
Hmmm......it does sound like Orford will join the Raiders.

Who do we recruit now?

If we don't get Orford, we've got about $700K to spare under the salary cap.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Who do we recruit now?

Thats easy it we don't buy anyone else we use the money in extending some contracts by increasing (AKA as upgrading) their 2011 contracts eg;

- We upgrade Mannah's contract so he signs for 3 more years
- If Karl fires we upgrade his contract for 2011 so he signs for a couple more years

etc, that is how we spend the money. Then in the following years we have more money as the some players would receive more of their contract money in 2011

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thats easy it we don't buy anyone else we use the money in extending some contracts by increasing (AKA as upgrading) their 2011 contracts eg;

- We upgrade Mannah's contract so he signs for 3 more years
- If Karl fires we upgrade his contract for 2011 so he signs for a couple more years

etc, that is how we spend the money. Then in the following years we have more money as the some players would receive more of their contract money in 2011

I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed mate.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Who do we recruit now?

The news I received today is Orford is going to the Raiders and that is great news for the Eels. I think he is overrated, has become slower, is more injury prone and not worth the supposed $200k+. Over a season I still think Robson will be a better 7 next year than Orford. It was not a fluke he was consistent during the latter part of the 2009 season. Many other factors caused problems for the whole squad which effected Robson's game, and other players, during 2010. If we can manufacture a better organising 7 out of another player or from a player purchased for the 2011 season would help Robson move to 9 or 6 or 14.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed mate.

We hear it all the time that when a player resigns with his club that he got a upgrade for the current year. It was mentioned this year when Hayne resigned. Also didn't Hindmarsh extend his contract with the eels by front loading his contract a little.

Not to sure how the NRL can tell a club what they can and cannot pay a player as long as they don't cheat the cap.

eels_fan

First Grade
Can't alter terms of an existing contract once signed and registered with NRL. Rule was put in 2yrs ago

Status
Not open for further replies.