What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
stagger didn't tell anyone anything, stagger relayed what was told to him back then ;-)
so your passing the buck then....
yes i know you spoke to a offical who told not to worry there are plans in place. But it seems the plans were to sign Chris Walker he is our marquee signing then, no need to worry we are in safe hands...:crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
so your passing the buck then....
yes i know you spoke to a offical who told not to worry there are plans in place. But it seems the plans were to sign Chris Walker he is our marquee signing then, no need to worry we are in safe hands...:crazy:

passing the buck?? :lol:

I don't work for the club, I was sharing like many do what's been told to me I even seem to recall Jodeci getting it wrong, but that's fine I will in future keep it to myself and more than happy to do so.

born an eel

Bench
isn't that his job most of the time to chase things like this up this where an elite player is up for grabs do everything u can to get him and if it doesn't pan out at least u had a go and 1 out 20 you might get lucky and snare your man
the problem is when you do it so publicly, every player who wants to get a better deal uses us to bump up his price with the preferred club, with no intention of actually signing.

This also then affects the players who are interested in signing as they see us going after everything and start to wonder if we are only signing them as a fall back and will sign a preferred player in their position when one becomes available. Players like to feel like they are being targeted because we think they will be the ones to bring us a premiership.

There's nothing wrong with going after players but does it have to be splashed across the papers everyday. Sometimes you have to show professionalism and make the calls like the broncos have done instead of playing the waiting game for months.

TheRam

Coach
passing the buck?? :lol:

I don't work for the club, I was sharing like many do what's been told to me I even seem to recall Jodeci getting it wrong, but that's fine I will in future keep it to myself and more than happy to do so.

Staggs, I don't see why you let these desperate jerks get to you the way they do.

You did the right and charitable thing by letting us in on the intel that was given to you at the time. Most normal and fair minded people can see that and accept that things can change.

Now for the people that don't get that and aren't just taking the piss cause they're your mates and are trying to be funny, well they can all just go and get stuffed!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so we're talking to Inglis now as well, fmd

do we have a dickhead magnet at our club, all we need now is Monaghan and our aim for world dickhead domination will be complete

Stagger eel

Staff member
Staggs, I don't see why you let these desperate jerks get to you the way they do.

You did the right and charitable thing by letting us in on the intel that was given to you at the time. Most normal and fair minded people can see that and accept that things can change.

Now for the people that don't get that and aren't just taking the piss cause they're your mates and are trying to be funny, well they can all just go and get stuffed!!!

well I regard matters as a mate and I'll take his comment in jest however like everyone else I'm as frustrated as the next person regarding the current status of our roster and the misinformation coming from different areas of the club, I mean people talk about leaks but in many cases the leaks have all been inacurate, my stance is out of pure frustration and nothing else and that's why I'm taking that stance.

I fear that we'll be going into the comp with our roster underdone and minus a 7 which will set us back bigtime, there are some issues which I won't be talking about which may or may not come to the surface however in terms of preparing a competative unit, SK has a real job ahead of him and it certainly couldn't be achieved without a coach who doesn't carry the desire and challenge that he has..

TheRam

Coach
Fair enough Staggs I get the frustration, but our roster is not all doom and gloom at the moment.

As for needing a half, sh*t yeah, but if we don't get a recognized one for next season, so be it. I think though that as we stand now with player and coaching personnel, we are in a much better position then last season.

Just on the new coach, I feel that he is liked and in particular more importantly respected by the majority of the players and coaching staff more then the previous coach. That alone is a huge step forward for our club.

Only time though will show us all how things will finally pan out. But I, somewhat nervously, feel we are slowly going in the right direction. A half is our only missing link and if we don't get one for next year so be it, but I can almost guarantee that we will have one for 2012. No one has told me anything, it is just an educated and calculated guess.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Dogs released Thurston.
Cronk was once a reserve grader at the Storm.
Buying a top line half back is not the only option.
Hopefully Parramatta now have the coaching elements in place to develop Robson, Mortimer, Murray, Humble and Bruest.
Give me a great coach before a great player any day. Fingers crossed Kearney and his support team turn out to be exactly that.
Never give up I say.

SDM

First Grade
The Dogs released Thurston.
Cronk was once a reserve grader at the Storm.
Buying a top line half back is not the only option.
Hopefully Parramatta now have the coaching elements in place to develop Robson, Mortimer, Murray, Humble and Bruest.
Give me a great coach before a great player any day. Fingers crossed Kearney and his support team turn out to be exactly that.
Never give up I say.

I agree, we are still a mathematical chance to make the top 8.

mrpwnd

Bench
Would you like to step into the Orgasmatron with me?

Orgasmatron_Sleeper.jpg

The Orgasmatron
A large phone-booth-like device used to automate sex.
As seen in the movie "Sleeper", by Woody Allen.

Scientist predicts sex with robots by 2011
http://www.examiner.com/holistic-sc...al/scientist-predicts-sex-with-robots-by-2011
That's a bit out of date, they've already got something pretty damn close in Japan.
They've even got a new line of male sex toys known as Tenga, the closest thing you could get to the real thing.

mrpwnd

Bench
so we're talking to Inglis now as well, fmd

do we have a dickhead magnet at our club, all we need now is Monaghan and our aim for world dickhead domination will be complete
Word is we're set on replacing Ozzie with this bloke:
kim-jong-il-smiling.jpg

I smell a 2011 premiership, after all, dickheads win all the games these days.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I have given up on us signing Orford. I dont think it will happen. So im ready to move on. The Bulldogs have Hodkinson, Keating, Barba & Roberts. I would like for us to try and sign the latter there in Roberts. I think he would realy suit the way the EELS play.

what is everyone elses thoughts?

Joely01

Bench
So can anyone give me an update on where we are at with Orford? are we close at all?
And what has happened to everyone praising Murray saying he is the one to be the 7, since this orford speculation came up it seems like he has been forgotten by most.
As much as i would like Orford i think we will make the 8 with or without him next year.

zuke

Juniors
I'm over this Orford business. Stuff him. Would have been an Ok addition but I think we have other options particularly now with the signing of Breust and Murray. Would be great to have a young 6 and 7 combination. Who knows could be the next Sterlo and Kenny. Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.