What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Tonga is keen according to Weidler and he's been promised a release if he wants one

Reni is a mate of his he says

boxhead

First Grade
I would definitely sign him. He doesn't need to have great halves to succeed, the guy is something we do indeed miss; a strike weapon.

Glenn

First Grade
Just seems a case of throwing money at anyone to get near the cap limit, a plethora of outside backs but stuggling to get a recognised half back.#-o

Eels Dude

Coach
I would definitely sign him. He doesn't need to have great halves to succeed, the guy is something we do indeed miss; a strike weapon.

Sure he does. Our outside backs struggled this year because we lacked a decent halves combination who could give them the ball at the right time. As for strike weapons, Hayne and Tahu are pretty good strike weapons at their best. They need the halfs to play to their strengths though.

boxhead

First Grade
[/B]
Sure he does. Our outside backs struggled this year because we lacked a decent halves combination who could give them the ball at the right time. As for strike weapons, Hayne and Tahu are pretty good strike weapons at their best. They need the halfs to play to their strengths though.

Yes I know but what I mean is he is a great attacking player who tends to find the try-line a lot, I was basically saying our halves just have to give him the ball and he can do a lot with it.

Suitman

Post Whore
[/B]

It's obvious that we have busted a gut to get a halfback but have failed. So be it.
I'm happy to have Tonga on board if we can snare him. A very handy pick up.
I'm still confident that we'll get Quade Cooper next year.
What 22 year old signs a 1 year deal? No doubt he wants to play in the Rugby World Cup, and then make a further decision afterwards.

Suity

scottyeel

Bench
By Nathan Ryan
10 November 2010 06:38PM EST

FORMER Canterbury halfback Brent Sherwin could be returning to home soil for a final swan song before retirement.

According to his manager, the 32-year-old is waiting to see the outcome of Matt Orford’s deal to return to the NRL with his manager to pursue the unlucky club.

Sherwin has not played in the NRL since 2007 when he left to play for the Castleford Tigers. The play maker later joined French based Catalans Dragons for the remainder of season 2010.
Sherwin has since been left on the outer since newly appointed coach Trent Robinson opted to reunite with fellow former Newcastle Knight Scott Dureau where he was an assistant to Brian Smith.
The arrival of Dureau meant that Sherwin’s stay was not extended resulting in the playmaker to look elsewhere.
The three-time City Origin representative was linked to Parramatta earlier this year however nospam23.com.au understands they were minor talks
http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/11/10/ex-bulldog-sherwin-may-return-to-home-soil/

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
So either we get Matt Orford, or Brent Sherwin will want to play for us? Not the worst outcome ever, if we get Tonga our signings will look good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's obvious that we have busted a gut to get a halfback but have failed. So be it.
I'm happy to have Tonga on board if we can snare him. A very handy pick up.
I'm still confident that we'll get Quade Cooper next year.
What 22 year old signs a 1 year deal? No doubt he wants to play in the Rugby World Cup, and then make a further decision afterwards.

Suity

I hope so. He was THE man in us beating the All Blacks. He's all class.

Status
Not open for further replies.