What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So can anyone give me an update on where we are at with Orford? are we close at all?
And what has happened to everyone praising Murray saying he is the one to be the 7, since this orford speculation came up it seems like he has been forgotten by most.
As much as i would like Orford i think we will make the 8 with or without him next year.

for what it's worth..

I've had mixed reports on the Orford situation, so the simple answer is WHO THE f**k KNOWS!!!!

we won't make the 8 without a 7 and I was told by someone who knows more about the game than many here that you wouldn't put your house on murray being the immidiate success that we all hope it would be.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Staggs, I don't see why you let these desperate jerks get to you the way they do.

You did the right and charitable thing by letting us in on the intel that was given to you at the time. Most normal and fair minded people can see that and accept that things can change.

Now for the people that don't get that and aren't just taking the piss cause they're your mates and are trying to be funny, well they can all just go and get stuffed!!!

When I was alerted to the fact Anderson was keen on bringing Tony Williams back and was moving Heaven and Hell to make it happen, only for neogtiations to hit a snag somehwere down the line, it got met with a choir of, "Yeah, you are so full of sh*t."

Most people here are cool, but sometimes some feel the need to denigrate others when things don't pan out. *shrugs*

BTW I heard through my Cronulla-mad, personal trainer friend (STH and close-knit with the Sharks' fitness staff) there is more to the John Mannah saga than meets the eye. We were in talks with him right after Stuart was sacked, but Flannagan quickly did the right thing and kept him. John won't be an Eel again (at least, not yet). But he came very close to it.

Jodeci

Bench
for what it's worth..

I've had mixed reports on the Orford situation, so the simple answer is WHO THE f**k KNOWS!!!!

we won't make the 8 without a 7 and I was told by someone who knows more about the game than many here that you wouldn't put your house on murray being the immidiate success that we all hope it would be.

As I said much earlier, Orford was no chance of coming but like you Stags I have had mixed reports on whether we have already done the deal or waiting for the final word.

Kearney I believe is due back on the 22nd Nov so it would have to be sorted out by then.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As I said much earlier, Orford was no chance of coming but like you Stags I have had mixed reports on whether we have already done the deal or waiting for the final word.

Kearney I believe is due back on the 22nd Nov so it would have to be sorted out by then.

well to a put a spanner in the works, I've heard what you've heard and on the other hand have been told that we're no longer interested...:crazy:

boxhead

First Grade
well to a put a spanner in the works, I've heard what you've heard and on the other hand have been told that we're no longer interested...:crazy:

We might be no longer interested?? That's very strange....not doubting your source or your information mate, but that's....strange. Maybe we just don't want to pay an excess for him?

Stagger eel

Staff member
We might be no longer interested?? That's very strange....not doubting your source or your information mate, but that's....strange. Maybe we just don't want to pay an excess for him?

read my post again Boxy, it's mixed reports! I'm not having an each way bet or anything like that I'm just telling you what i hear..

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah it sounds like Orford will stay put in ESL or head down to the Green Machine. Let's face it, Monaghan was pushed to free up the cash. If he was a marquee player ways would be been found to keep him.

strider

Post Whore
if it was a race, I hope we put in as much effort as inglis put in to the fastest footballer race

eels81236

Bench
From what I'm told...for what it's worth.... Orford himself doesn't know what he will be doing.

Btw...apparently Tim Robinson is fitting in well at Manly. He should see atleast some first grade this year allowing for injuries.

Bigfella

Coach
Monaghan was pushed ... Perhaps it was a honey trap set by the Canberra board.

A few free beers, an attractive Labrador, a digital camera, and voilà, there's your salarycapbspace right there!

boxhead

First Grade
Well, if we don't get Orford, we are just going to have to support our inexperienced halves that much more. Stay positive guys :)

ROGUE

Juniors
if only the other monaghan from warrington was pushed he'd fit in quite nicely into our halfback dilemma imo

boxhead

First Grade
http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/11/09/tahu-to-sign-one-year-deal-with-eels/

The 30-year-old centre has began pre-season training with the club minus a contract however nospam23.com.au can reveal that Eels chief executive Paul Osborne has struck a deal with Indigenous star and his manager.

“He’s agreed to terms,” Osborne told nospam23.com.au.

“A one-year deal... he’s pretty keen on sorting out that other stuff first though,” he said.

Stuff we already knew but now officially confirmed. The rest of the story is stuff in regards to the racial row and the Matt Orford saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.