What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Originally Posted by boxhead

OUR CONFIRMED COACH IS:

Stephen Kearney - Officially resigned from the Melbourne Storm, article here;

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...y-quits-melbourne-storm-for-eels/default.aspx

Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre - Update: Officially linked, but still Unlikely
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Update; very unlikely.
Matt Orford- Bradford Bulls Halfback - Update; a chance of happening.
Craig Gower - Halfback - Update; perhaps a chance of happening.

About to be re-signed;

Timana Tahu - Rumoured 2-3 year contract.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Confirmed signing. Stephen Kearney as coach. Add it to your list Boxy. This is one out of the blue.

Suity

Thank you Suity!!!! :) I was off thinking 'oh I''l just check in' and I see that we now have a new coach! Yay!

Dear oh dear ](*,)](*,)](*,)

Refer to above.

Don't worry mate, I've always been leaning more towards Stephen Kearney, all I meant was I wouldn't have minded if we ended up with Sticky either ;-)

Thanks for the reports guys!!!!

boxhead

First Grade
very good call...

Brad Athur.

I also noticed this in the article about Kearney on the NRL site, do you reckon he will be the assistant coach here as well, or was the article referring to Arthur replacing Kearney as assistant at the Storm??
Thanks again :)

CrazyEel

Bench
I also noticed this in the article about Kearney on the NRL site, do you reckon he will be the assistant coach here as well, or was the article referring to Arthur replacing Kearney as assistant at the Storm??
He's coming with Kearney to the Eels.

cgee221

Juniors

Peter Sharp signed a new deal to stay on as assistant coach about a month ago...I can't remember if it were two or three years.

Brad Arthur will be our backs coach I believe...

born an eel

Bench
Peter Sharp signed a new deal to stay on as assistant coach about a month ago...I can't remember if it were two or three years.

Brad Arthur will be our backs coach I believe...
contracts mean nothing these days, maybe they will have an assistant coach review ;-),

If I was Sharp I would cancel my email address. :crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
Twitter says that Sunday papers will report that we offered Gus $700k to coach our spaz team.

boxhead

First Grade
Twitter says that Sunday papers will report that we offered Gus $700k to coach our spaz team.

:? That's interesting, I guess if you look at a certain way the club are going all out to change things....in their eyes for the better, I can't question what they are aiming for at all....
I'm perfectly happy with Kearney though :)

I'll also add Brad Arthur to the list......

Originally Posted by boxhead

OUR CONFIRMED COACH IS:

Stephen Kearney - Officially resigned from the Melbourne Storm, article here;

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...s/default.aspx

The same article also reveals that Kearney has brought another coach with him to be our backs coach;
Brad Arthur - To give you an idea of how good he is, he coached the NYC Storm to a premiership in 2009, and has also been the backs coach for 2009 and 2010 for the first-grade Storm.
It appears Peter Sharp will stay as assistant coach however, although the situation isn't entirely clear.....but Kearney is head coach and Arthur is backs coach.

Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre - Update: Officially linked, but still Unlikely
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Update; very unlikely.
Matt Orford- Bradford Bulls Halfback - Update; a chance of happening.
Craig Gower - Halfback - Update; perhaps a chance of happening.

About to be re-signed;

Timana Tahu - Rumoured 2-3 year contract.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

I'll update that coaches' space in the list as more updates come out....
Thanks for all the reports guys, much appreciated :D

boxhead

First Grade
Yes, I am Josh. I am also Daniel Mortimer.
:sarcasm:

No worries Suity :) I do have fun, I also have fun interrupting my family when they are talking about *less important matters* and telling them about the next big rumoured signing!!! :cool:

Gronk

Staff member
BUMPS IN THE ROAD

THE move to take Phil Graham from the Roosters to Parramatta has stalled because Graham is enjoying his time at the Bondi Junction-based club too much. There is another small hurdle in the way - Graham is managed by Jim Banaghan - the manager of axed Eels coach Daniel Anderson. It's fair to say Eels chief executive Paul Osborne and Banaghan are not getting on.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ibrahim-ready-to-roar-on-roosters-20101002-161y9.html

cv8z

Juniors
Quote:
BUMPS IN THE ROAD

THE move to take Phil Graham from the Roosters to Parramatta has stalled because Graham is enjoying his time at the Bondi Junction-based club too much. There is another small hurdle in the way - Graham is managed by Jim Banaghan - the manager of axed Eels coach Daniel Anderson. It's fair to say Eels chief executive Paul Osborne and Banaghan are not getting on.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ibrahim-ready-to-roar-on-roosters-20101002-161y9.html

Don't need him if the rumors about tonga are true.

jono

Juniors
If Banaghan is to do the right thing by his client , there should be no impact by Andersongate on his handling of Graham's negotiations. Or else he should recuse himself from Graham's management. Either way , I'm not too worried whether we get Graham or not , much rather Tonga if it came down to it.

Glenn

First Grade
Since when have managers been interested in what happens to their clients, once they have pocketed there share of $$$$. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts