What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
That big Johnathon Thurston to the Eels rumour is doing the rounds a lot now, it's gaining momentum.

I won't go into the specifics of the rumour, but it is very interesting and probably too well thought out for a simple troll to have made up.

Whether it's true or it happens is for others to decide, I think I will stay impartial in this.

And yes, I know about the Cowboys manager slamming the rumour.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Any news on Lee Te Maari? Is he going to be with us next season?

I'm not too sure about that situation mate, I've seen conflicting reports on that saying either he will re-sign or he will go elsewhere. This close to the off-season though, it looks like we may re-sign him? He is great for our depth and a talented player, would love to see him stay.

boxhead

First Grade
I thought Stagger said Te Maari won't be with us for next year.

Yeah I think you are right, I remember a post of his from a few days ago where he said Te Maari was off contract and probably not to be re-signed. Thanks :)

big boppa eel

Juniors
I'm not too sure about that situation mate, I've seen conflicting reports on that saying either he will re-sign or he will go elsewhere. This close to the off-season though, it looks like we may re-sign him? He is great for our depth and a talented player, would love to see him stay.
I dont think he was asking u personally Boxhead, u are a classic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It doesn't matter if they are 'reserve-graders' to me mate

Well since their only relationship to me is that they were formerly contracted to my rugby league club as players then their quality as players really does matter to me.

Why should I care about them otherwise? The world's full of people whose dreams never came true and I don't care about them either.

they have done their job and haven't let us down.

Considering their job has been to 'play reserve grade and provide depth in case of emergency' then yes they have done their job. But now it's time for younger players to step up and do that job and maybe reach a higher level of ability.

They are good guys

I wouldn't know.

and good players.

I disagree. They are not even average players (like Burt, Robson, Inu, Cayless and the Keating brothers).

Oake and Te Maari are below-average players. That's why they're not being retained for next year. You'll notice there was no bidding war to keep them.

mrpwnd

Bench
Oake and Te Maari are below-average players. That's why they're not being retained for next year. You'll notice there was no bidding war to keep them.
I agree with most of your post about reserve-graders, but Te Maari!?
He only got like 5 seconds on the field for his first game, bit unfair to judge his ability at this point.
I would've liked to see him play a few solid minutes at least, so he could leave with me knowing that he really was crap.

boxhead

First Grade
Well since their only relationship to me is that they were formerly contracted to my rugby league club as players then their quality as players really does matter to me.

Why should I care about them otherwise? The world's full of people whose dreams never came true and I don't care about them either.

Considering their job has been to 'play reserve grade and provide depth in case of emergency' then yes they have done their job. But now it's time for younger players to step up and do that job and maybe reach a higher level of ability.

I wouldn't know.

I disagree. They are not even average players (like Burt, Robson, Inu, Cayless and the Keating brothers).

What the hell did I do to earn the wrath of big-face?

Stagger eel

Staff member
even though Te Maari and Oake are not part of Parra's plans they may score themselves a wenty contract..

there were some rumours that Oake was headed to Melbourne at one stage just not sure where it's at there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts