What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

chrisD

Coach
Should be able to do that and get a fringe backrower. That would help the squad
Well Maverick goes alright as next up. We’ve shown our hand signing the Tigers guy and extending Garner, Martin or Sorro to be the third and one moves to the front row for JFH. I think we ok there.

A 6 or 14 is where I’d be looking but who knows.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Well Maverick goes alright as next up. We’ve shown our hand signing the Tigers guy and extending Garner, Martin or Sorro to be the third and one moves to the front row for JFH. I think we ok there.

A 6 or 14 is where I’d be looking but who knows.
I'm still yet to see anything from Mav. Maybe I'm just missing it?

Murraymob1

Juniors
Hope May is being advised that no club will touch him now even if found innocent taking legal action against Penrith will have clubs not wanting to touch him even if found innocent

Girds89

Bench
Maverick isnt nrl quality.

He isn't even a stsndout in cup.

I dont see it with hassett either.

I think we need to bring in a big body young prop and 2nd rower.

Our team is built on guys that all play huge mins but arent super impactful.

A few young big bodied forwards to develop that with the idea of 20mins stints when ready is what we need.

Id still love to see this next year

Edwards
Too
Alamoti
Tago
McLean J
Laurie
Nath
Moses
Kenny
Smith
Papali
Marto
Yeo

Cole
Henry
Soro
Garner/Patea if he has a huge pre season

I like cole on the bench. I think he csn cover 9, 13, 6, centre. Way more then laurie or schnieder.

I dont like the idea of running Kenny with luke or sommo. Kenny is an 80m hooker. He goes as hard in the 80th as he does in min1. Hes the best hooker at the club. And hes getting better every week. Hes done a little bit of kicking this year and running a little more.

Only other way id consider going is 6. Cole 14. Toleau

I like toleaus kicking game at 9. But as i said mitch plays 80 so i dont see ivan taking him off in a tight game.

Munky

Coach
The Yam situation is weird.

Unless there was something in the new contract about behavioural clauses I can't see how he doesn't win any legal action easily if his criminal case acquits him.

The Realist

Juniors
The Yam situation is weird.

Unless there was something in the new contract about behavioural clauses I can't see how he doesn't win any legal action easily if his criminal case acquits him.

And this is why the Clubs actions were astoundingly bad but I got panned for saying it.

If May is guilty then we'd have been able to get rid of him with no trouble.

But now in trying to jump the gun - we have created a very disgruntled employee. Imagine having to pay out his 2 year contract whilst sitting him out? Even if we do somehow eventually play him, is he going to put in 100% knowing that the club wanted to knife him. What about his mates inside the squad? How will they view the Club going forward?

Very poorly handled situation.

Hooked

Juniors
This could get very messy and drawn out for the club.
His position is untenable here now.
The club would be better off settling the remainder of his contract and moving on. The longer it drags out the more the lawyers will have a field day.

chrisD

Coach
I'm still yet to see anything from Mav. Maybe I'm just missing it?
Don’t disagree, he’s a solid placeholder who makes his tackles, just what more can you expect out of a player not in the 17? I don’t know that we can afford better for that injury cover spot, and I’m not completely giving up on him developing into a solid plodder worthy of a bench spot.

Munky

Coach
I imagine any payout to a player will be counted under the cap.

It's going to get very messy.

Chances are the club could have kept quiet and Yam being the loose cannon he is would likely have done something stupid in the next twelve months anyway.

Latest posts