What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Pretty sure the Inglis thing is about who pays for his legal fees over that (alleged) assault case. Wally Waldron was going to pay it out of his secret account.

Eels Dude

Coach
If not that he is still contracted to the Storm for the 2010 season so he would be getting paid for October by the Storm, meaning he is still a Storm player until the end of the month.

Daneel

Bench
I know a bloke who has connections to the cowboys and last week was at a cricket game at Yeppoon with some of these people. When he came home i made a joke about thurston being an eel next year, to which he replied " I don't know if he is going to be an eel, but he won't be a cowboy anymore".

strider

Post Whore
i think we'll sign that top shelf halfback right after that top self bank signs on as major sponsor :thumn

El Diablo

Post Whore
according to paper reports at the time (smh from memory) Waldron told GI that he would see he gets the best lawyers, GI asumed that then Waldron would look after the cost.

it would count in the cap if the club paid

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/gardner-blows-gasket-over-harassment-allegations-20100417-slee.html

DRAMAS NOW BEHIND INGLIS

GREG INGLIS stayed with mates on Sunday night - fearful the media might jump him after his address was exposed in the newspapers during the initial frenzy that followed his assault charge. Now that Inglis has put his court drama behind him, expect the corporates to get back behind him. Inglis was close to signing a very lucrative deal with Gatorade - believed to be worth $50,000 - just before he landed in trouble. Inglis was advised by the Storm to use the best lawyer he could afford. His legal bill is said to be in the tens of thousands. It would be unlikely that the Storm could help pay that bill given the salary cap crackdown.

butch82

Juniors
i think we'll sign that top shelf halfback right after that top self bank signs on as major sponsor :thumn

what ever happened to that sponsorship ?
3p said as soon as we get control they ( they bank ) will jump on..havnt seen many new sponsorships come on board since they joined.correct me if im wrong..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hey what happened to the link to the $5K a pop establishment? I didn't get to check it out.

Edit: just found it. Anyone been there? Is it worth it?

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
you can only sign who ever comes on the market, so not a lot they can do. We are/have already tried to lure a few on contract but most of the time your hands are tied.

I would prefer not to sign people just for the sake of it, and leave room in the cap for an unexpected opportunity if one arises e.g. Gasnier's situation.

Yeah I know what you mean. And it's always good to have a spare $700K up your sleeve just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.