What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
The big rumour I heard today is Daniel Anderson is to be sacked, with the announcement to be made TOMORROW.
I don't know if it is true..This is the email I received to night.
If it happens, my 50 years of support will come to an end....
Not enjoying it any more. Can't stand the disloyalty shown to contracts...

Parra...
Anderson the coach to be sacked tomorrow

Robbie D.

Looks like Robbie was spot on the money..just a couple of days out. He is one of my best mates. We grew up together, and together with another four mates, we started following the Eels in 1960. We never missed a match..We were ALL fanatical. We used to sit in the Old Sheridan Stand at the SCG on Match of the Day..and throw piles of Bue and Gold streamers went they entered the field. We used to take Eskies full of Tooheys Flag Ale and stand on the Hill at Cumberland and yell our heads off..then drive home!!!!. Early - mid sixties. Couldn't do it now.
The six of us all agree...The Club is not the same. A change for the worse. I will still watch the Eels, of course, but the passion is no longer there. They have broken my heart with disloyalty and leaks to the Press by Board members.
Give the coaching job to Ray Price. He knows what is wrong with the joint, - on and off the paddock. Fitzy may have been right..The Club mightn't be around in five years..especially with the infestation of 'white ant' in the place.
Watch for a major sponsorship deal with Hillsong also known as the PTL Ministry ( i.e Pass the Loot}....Alleluia.. Pray for the survival of the Eels..Raise your voices to the Sky and Glorify the Eels

parra pete

Referee
Looks like Robbie was spot on the money..just a couple of days out. He is one of my best mates. We grew up together, and together with another four mates, we started following the Eels in 1960. We never missed a match..We were ALL fanatical. We used to sit in the Old Sheridan Stand at the SCG on Match of the Day..and throw piles of Bue and Gold streamers went they entered the field. We used to take Eskies full of Tooheys Flag Ale and stand on the Hill at Cumberland and yell our heads off..then drive home!!!!. Early - mid sixties. Couldn't do it now.
The six of us all agree...The Club is not the same. A change for the worse. I will still watch the Eels, of course, but the passion is no longer there. They have broken my heart with disloyalty and leaks to the Press by Board members.
Give the coaching job to Ray Price. He knows what is wrong with the joint, - on and off the paddock. Fitzy may have been right..The Club mightn't be around in five years..especially with the infestation of 'white ant' in the place.
Watch for a major sponsorship deal with Hillsong also known as the PTL Ministry ( i.e Pass the Loot}....Alleluia.. Pray for the survival of the Eels..Raise your voices to the Sky and Glorify the Eels

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27757819-5018866,00.html

boxhead

First Grade
Well.....it was inevitable.

If the board are moronic enough to do this before the grand final.....they need to all be sh*t and get f**ked. They would spoil Rugby League's best week for their own petty desires.....how f**king disgraceful; if true of course.....

oldmancraigy

Coach
Poor form alright....Weak as the proverbial....
Great lot this 3P Board.....been real achievers..Achieved in stuffing up a ONCE great organisation...if you have no scruples, you have NOTHING...

Mate it was stuffed up for YEARS before they took over.

It was just that you liked the previous stuff-ups and are only just noticing the new ones...

attamarrap

Juniors
Well.....it was inevitable.

If the board are moronic enough to do this before the grand final.....they need to all be sh*t and get f**ked. They would spoil Rugby League's best week for their own petty desires.....how f**king disgraceful; if true of course.....
i dont really see whats so bad about it dont get me wrong i would rather anderson stay but if it has to happen so be it better off getting the new coach in and giving him as much time to get the team ready as possible thats my opinion

boxhead

First Grade
i dont really see whats so bad about it dont get me wrong i would rather anderson stay but if it has to happen so be it better off getting the new coach in and giving him as much time to get the team ready as possible thats my opinion

The big problem is mate is that they are going to do this in Rugby League's special week, a week dedicated to all Rugby League fans to enjoy the celebrations of the biggest-and final-NRL game of the year. This is the week for the Roosters and Dragons, and indeed all RL fans, to enjoy themselves and look back on the positives of this year; we don't need such a great event to be tarnished by rumours of racial vilification against a coach......

I understand what you are saying of course :) the thing is, why do you think the NRL is holding off the betting scandal stuff until after the grand final? They don't want to ruin Rugby League's greatest week-which is something that the Eels board members seem to not care about. If this happens, you will not believe the backlash our club will get......

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
This deserves it's own post....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-insist-anderson-must-go/story-e6frexnr-1225929346620

Read it first, I can't post the whole article....
I will however quote some interesting parts and bold some juicy segments from the above article;

Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo is expected to fast track a board meeting originally set down for Tuesday to decide Anderson's future after a day of high drama yesterday.

Duncan yesterday broke from boardroom protocol to reveal his opinion that Anderson should be replaced by Kiwi coach Stephen Kearney. "I think the position is untenable for Daniel to stay," Duncan said. "Daniel's a good guy. I think he's had a hard time, but sometimes you've got to make these decisions for the club to move forward. "I mean, if he loses his first three or four games everyone's going to be pointing the finger at him and I think it's unfair for him to be coaching under those conditions.

"I said recently you either have to commit to Daniel and extend his contract or you have to part company because no one can coach for one year. I haven't seen a coach yet coach for one year.

"They always end up like Ricky Stuart did this year. Once a decision has been made it's the last year, I think everything just falls into a heap. We can't go through a year like that."

Duncan says he supports the moves to appoint Kiwi Test coach Kearney, who has been Craig Bellamy's understudy at Melbourne Storm.

"Unless I'm convinced otherwise [at the board meeting], I believe that's the right thing for the club to do," Duncan said. "To me, Kearney would be a good choice and he could implement the structure the club needs."

The Sunday Telegraph understands Anderson had the support of most senior players when they were interviewed over the past fortnight.

But it was a different story when members of his own coaching staff and other football club officials where interviewed by Gerard, Osborne and Duncan.

Among the recommendations from the report were: not to extend Anderson's contract; appoint a wrestling coach; address Anderson's communication skills with his staff; address the lack of player discipline and punctuality at training; more individual skill sessions; and the need for a better recruitment policy.

The report also recommended the appointment of a full-time football manager, which Anderson had originally not wanted.

A lot of interesting stuff if true....especially towards the end there; we want a wrestling coach, more individual skill session, a better recruitment policy (duh), and address the lack of player discipline at training.....all stuff Stephen Kearney could definitely bring.....now I see why the board want him, they want him to bring the famous Melbourne Storm inspiration, playing culture and structure to our club.

I definitely understand why they would pick Kearney now.....and in my mind it could be one of the best things to happen to us; our players have always been lazy for years, perhaps this will finally change this and Kearney can bring good confidence to our team??

Imagine players like Jarryd Hayne, Carl Webb, Fui Fui Moi Moi, Daniel Mortimer, Anthony Mitchell, Luke Burt, Timana Tahu and etc all playing with huge amounts of confidence.....we could very well turn into a team very similar to the Dragons in that we are a very structured confidence-based team, with the exception of very dangerous attackers like Hayne and Burt or Tahu.....we could really go to a whole new level we haven't seen for years and years.
We will have to wait and see....a positive I can draw from this article is that it seems they will stick with Kearney even if he struggles. This is great if it is true....

Last edited:
who leaked the report? this was a internal report meant for board members eyes only. so who leaked the report to the media? who ever did should resign today.

boxhead

First Grade
who ever they sign as coach they should commit to long term 3-5 years and give them a chance to build a side.

Exactly my thinking, and I think that is the vibe the board have....to me the language they are using suggests they will definitely stick with the new coach for a long period of time; they seem to have realized the foolishness of having uncertainty and rumours plaguing the coaching staff all the time.

strider

Post Whore
who leaked the report? this was a internal report meant for board members eyes only. so who leaked the report to the media? who ever did should resign today.
hush! ... apparently our board don't leak anything - its always others :sarcasm:

parra pete

Referee
Why sign them at all..Contracts mean nothing..Anderson was signed for 3 years..What does that mean to him?
BTW I will be ringing Ricky Stuart on Monday...Will I ask him about the Parra coaching job...No Waaaaaay...

strider

Post Whore
Why sign them at all..Contracts mean nothing..Anderson was signed for 3 years..What does that mean to him?
BTW I will be ringing Ricky Stuart on Monday...Will I ask him about the Parra coaching job...No Waaaaaay...

it means he can spend next year on a beach somewhere with no stress while still getting paid :lol: ..... I wish I could get me one of those contracts

I you want Sticky at pie in the sky then don't mention it you could ruin a possiable friendship with the man by killing off his coaching career even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts