What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I've heard about a topline player we are negotiating with at the moment.

I can't tell you who it is but. I will let you know if more details come out.

Cheers
Maroubra

Binga

Juniors
Willie to join his brother in blue and gold? Cowboys have to under salary cap pressure with the addition of Patterson. Plus they already have Tate and weinterstein covering the centers.

MrT

Juniors
Willie to join his brother in blue and gold? Cowboys have to under salary cap pressure with the addition of Patterson. Plus they already have Tate and weinterstein covering the centers.

I hope not, past his best and Hayne made him look bad. Actually Reddy looked like a origin centre against him.

Avenger

Immortal
I hope not, past his best and Hayne made him look bad. Actually Reddy looked like a origin centre against him.
Bullshit. He turns 28 in August and has been a regular for his state for several years. Reddy isn't even close.

Avenger

Immortal
I still think that the player before June 30 may be Ben Roberts. With Anthony Mitchell leaving Casey and MK could rotate in the hooking role.

I really like Willie Tonga, always rated him but do we need him ? Loko will definitely take one centre spot with Esi Tonga the other unless he shifts to the wing and Willie takes the centre position. With Matt Ryan and Ryan Morgan here for 2012 we basically have centre covered and I haven't even mentioned Reddy.

To really round our side for 2012 I would ask the Roosters if they still want to offload Anasta. He would be great at lock for us and with Hayne at 1, Sandow and Roberts at the scrumbase with Anasta at 13 we would be scoring plenty of points.

A year ago I would have been pissed about Anthony Mitchell leaving but I reckon that Matt Keating has showed great improvement this year and is twice the defender that Mitchell is.

Last edited:

caylo

Bench

I agree with you here, he is a good player but is heading into the twilight of his career and wont be worth the $$

Avenger

Immortal
I agree with you here, he is a good player but is heading into the twilight of his career and wont be worth the $$
They guy is 27, twilight my arse. Matt Cooper is playing out of his skin and is 3 years older than Willie Tonga.

Avenger

Immortal
He made a ordinary Reddy look like world class a month ago. His defence was terrible
and he and JT killed us in the second half. Give me a break, Tonga is a class centre. I just don't know if we really need him.

Avenger

Immortal
JT killed us. I could have run off him that night. It's not hard
It actually is hard because had we had a player like Tonga against Newcastle we would have won that game and not fallen short on 2 occasions out wide. Horo and Morgan from memory.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not as cut up about Mitchell leaving as some clearly are...he's had the chance under 2 or 3 different coaches to cement a spot in first grade and hasn't been good enough. Yes, he's a huge talent, but clearly the odds are stacked against him making it at Parramatta for whatever reason. Good luck to the kid, hope he does really well...but he's never had the consistency or (seemingly) the attitude that Keating has.

Gronk

Staff member
and he and JT killed us in the second half. Give me a break, Tonga is a class centre. I just don't know if we really need him.

I must watch a different player than those on here. I agree with you on WT. Every touch he asks questions. I think that Tonga is quality. FMD to say that he's past it would make Big Mal laugh. If he didn't do his shoulder he would have been playing for QLD in every game this series.

MrT

Juniors
It actually is hard because had we had a player like Tonga against Newcastle we would have won that game and not fallen short on 2 occasions out wide. Horo and Morgan from memory.
That's a tough call. I'm not sure how good Tonga would look without Thurston

unclekane

Juniors
I'm up for pictionary, I'll go first.
dignity.jpg

Thats Dignity! :crazy:

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL...wow, I can't believe people are even debating Willie Tonga's quality. Some people must watch a completely different code to me, Tonga is all class.

caylo

Bench
LOL...wow, I can't believe people are even debating Willie Tonga's quality. Some people must watch a completely different code to me, Tonga is all class.

He is class but he will slow up over the next 2-3 years and wont be worth investing big dollars in IMO. Snapping up someone like Tonga can mean you loss someone like Loko.

Outside backs look good in better teams, Cooper or Tonga would not look so good outside of Robson as they do in their current teams. While they are both very very talented players I think the apparent gap between a Cooper/Tonga and a Jennings/Champion is much smaller in reality because of the teams they are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts